* Updates to sieve-manage.el
@ 2013-05-04 14:48 Albert Krewinkel
From: Albert Krewinkel @ 2013-05-04 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi all,

I tried to get sieve-manage working with my dovecot/pigeonhole server.
It didn't quite work out of the box, so I made a few adjustments to the
code.  The result is in my github-repo at
git://github.com/tarleb/gnus.git (in the "sieve" branch).

Most noticable changes:
 - Added support for starttls
 - Allowing multibyte-process buffers (couldn't get
   string-parsing/encoding working without it)
 - Slightly nicer looking code (IMHO of course)
 - An ugly workaround which I intend to fix by the end of
   next week.

Any feedback on the code or advice on how to get this upstream would be
highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Albert

* Re: Updates to sieve-manage.el
@ 2013-05-05 12:50 ` Julien Danjou
From: Julien Danjou @ 2013-05-05 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Albert Krewinkel; +Cc: ding

On Sat, May 04 2013, Albert Krewinkel wrote:

Hi Albert,

> I tried to get sieve-manage working with my dovecot/pigeonhole server.
> It didn't quite work out of the box, so I made a few adjustments to the
> code.  The result is in my github-repo at
> git://github.com/tarleb/gnus.git (in the "sieve" branch).
>
> Most noticable changes:
>  - Added support for starttls
>  - Allowing multibyte-process buffers (couldn't get
>    string-parsing/encoding working without it)
>  - Slightly nicer looking code (IMHO of course)
>  - An ugly workaround which I intend to fix by the end of
>    next week.
>
> Any feedback on the code or advice on how to get this upstream would be
> highly appreciated.

This is on a my TODO for years, thanks for your awesome job.
I'd be happy to merge this upstream. Did you sign the FSF copyright
assignment yet? Considering the amount of patches, I think you'll need
that first.

--
Julien Danjou
/* Free Software hacker * freelance consultant

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 835 bytes --]

* Re: Updates to sieve-manage.el
@ 2013-05-06 16:27   ` Albert Krewinkel
From: Albert Krewinkel @ 2013-05-06 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding