On Wed, Sep 26 2012, Johnny Carlsson wrote: > I am running a customised F17 LXDE system with emacs 24.1.1 and used NoGnus > (version unknown...). When the problem occured, I recalled seeing a > "warning: package gg-gg is obsolete", so I removed my gnus and fetched the > latest version from git. Attempting ./configure and make, this freezes just > after building compface.el, so I just used the .el files. First, this is too much suspicious. You're saying that compilation process file blocks? I'd start to resolve this. If you run top, is an emacs process taking all the CPU power or something like that? -- Julien Danjou /* Free Software hacker & freelance http://julien.danjou.info */