* Syncing Gnus
@ 2012-01-07 21:51 Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2012-01-07 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

This comes up everys now and again and I thought maybe time again.

Who has recently set up gnus so its data is easily synced. There are a
plethora of location values some I think might overlap - I'm not sure -
I just know I keep finding News and Mail dirs in in my home dir every
now and again ;). Ideally there would be ONE variable to set and all
archives, news and mail and book marks and everything would go under
there so only that dir would by synced. It would include .newsrc* files
too.

In particular what is gnus-home-directory?

,----
| Directory variable that specifies the "home" directory.
| All other Gnus file and directory variables are initialized from this variable.
`----

What does "home" here mean?

Does this refer to Mail/News or where gnus finds it code or both?

Should it not be enough to ONLY set this and the rest follow on?

Maybe I'm overthinking or panicking a little. All I want is ALL gnus
"runtime"* type data to sit under ONE directory. How is this best achieved?

* :dribble files, newsrc file,  killfiles, group subscriptions, articles, caches etc etc etc