* Odd or unwanted behavior after sending a message with C-c C-c
@ 2012-01-04 16:09 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2012-01-04 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Running `git pull' of v0.18 from this morning 01/04/2012
Emacs 24.0.90.1 (V 2.24.6) of 2011-10-16
On Debian linux (wheezy)

(NOTE: The behavior described below is not new so not specific to this
newest version)

I notice a somewhat disconcerting behavior when I post a message from
nnimap groups.

On pressing C-c C-c to send the message, as soon as that completes I'm
transported to the top of my gnus interface (always running in `topic'
mode).  And thus find my cursor a long long ways from where I was when
sending the message.

(If it matters, this groups parameters has a line to gcc-self)

On the other hand:

In nnml groups, after C-c C-c I'm still in the group.  Which seems
vastly superior behavior.

* Re: Odd or unwanted behavior after sending a message with C-c C-c
@ 2012-01-04 20:05 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-01-04 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Harry Putnam; +Cc: ding

> On pressing C-c C-c to send the message, as soon as that completes I'm
> transported to the top of my gnus interface (always running in `topic'
> mode).  And thus find my cursor a long long ways from where I was when
> sending the message.

I'm unable to reproduce this bug, but I applied a patch from Leo that's
supposed to fix a similar issue.  Could you try upgrading again to see
whether this bug still exists?

* Re: Odd or unwanted behavior after sending a message with C-c C-c
@ 2012-01-06 14:31   ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2012-01-06 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

>> On pressing C-c C-c to send the message, as soon as that completes I'm
>> transported to the top of my gnus interface (always running in `topic'
>> mode).  And thus find my cursor a long long ways from where I was when
>> sending the message.
>
> I'm unable to reproduce this bug, but I applied a patch from Leo that's
> supposed to fix a similar issue.  Could you try upgrading again to see
> whether this bug still exists?

Thanks.  Seems to be gone now