* how to add fastmail.fm imap servers in seondary select
@ 2012-01-03  0:01 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2012-01-03  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I already am trying to use imap with gmail and want to add
fastmail.fm.

The Documentation at fastmail assumes you are using nnimap as the
select-method...

I'm using secondary-select and more than 1 server, if I add
fastmail.fm

Existing code... (although it is currently no working)

  (add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods '(nnimap "hputnam3"
                               (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")))

I've tried several different arrangements of parens trying to fit a
second account in there.

Can anyone show the proper way to add fastmail.fm as imap server to
that list?

* Re: how to add fastmail.fm imap servers in seondary select
@ 2012-01-03  7:37 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2012-01-03  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Harry Putnam; +Cc: ding

Hi Harry,

> I'm using secondary-select and more than 1 server, if I add
> fastmail.fm
>
> Existing code... (although it is currently no working)
>
>   (add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods '(nnimap "hputnam3"
>                                (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")))
>
> I've tried several different arrangements of parens trying to fit a
> second account in there.
>
> Can anyone show the proper way to add fastmail.fm as imap server to
> that list?

That's my setup with Fastmail, Gmail, and my university's mail server.

,----
| (add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
| 	     '(nnimap "Uni"
| 		      (nnimap-address "mail.uni-koblenz.de")))
|
| (add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
| 	     '(nnimap "Fastmail"
| 		      (nnimap-address "mail.messagingengine.com")))
|
| (add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
| 	     '(nnimap "Gmail"
| 		      (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")))
`----

Bye,
Tassilo

* Re: how to add fastmail.fm imap servers in seondary select
@ 2012-01-03 20:11   ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2012-01-03 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> That's my setup with Fastmail, Gmail, and my university's mail server.
>
> ,----
> | (add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
> | 	     '(nnimap "Uni"
> | 		      (nnimap-address "mail.uni-koblenz.de")))
> |
> | (add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
> | 	     '(nnimap "Fastmail"
> | 		      (nnimap-address "mail.messagingengine.com")))
> |
> | (add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
> | 	     '(nnimap "Gmail"
> | 		      (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")))
> `----

Well that simplifies things... I was thinking I wanted to put them all
in one add-to-list line.

   Thats where I keep getting the parens wrong.

Your method looks easier.  Thanks

* Re: how to add fastmail.fm imap servers in seondary select
@ 2012-01-06 13:03     ` Leonidas Tsampros
From: Leonidas Tsampros @ 2012-01-06 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Harry Putnam; +Cc: ding

> Tassilo Horn <tassilo@member.fsf.org> writes:
>
>> That's my setup with Fastmail, Gmail, and my university's mail server.
>>
>> ,----
>> | (add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
>> | 	     '(nnimap "Uni"
>> | 		      (nnimap-address "mail.uni-koblenz.de")))
>> |
>> | (add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
>> | 	     '(nnimap "Fastmail"
>> | 		      (nnimap-address "mail.messagingengine.com")))
>> |
>> | (add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
>> | 	     '(nnimap "Gmail"
>> | 		      (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")))
>> `----
>
> Well that simplifies things... I was thinking I wanted to put them all
> in one add-to-list line.
>
>    Thats where I keep getting the parens wrong.
>
> Your method looks easier.  Thanks

M-x show-paren-mode helps a LOT!