* Still no workee with gmail and Imap
@ 2011-10-19 19:14 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2011-10-19 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

emacs-24 bzr of 2 days ago
gnus of 2 days ago.
Running on Debian linux

I seem to be the only lonesome somebody who can't get gmail working
normally with gnus.

I seem to be connecting ok but fail to see much of the mail stored
there.  Now it seems even new mail is not showing up.

I'm using the secondary-select method:
(From gnus)

-------        ---------       ---=---       ---------      --------
(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '((nnml "")))

(add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods '(nnimap "hputnam3"
                (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
                (nnimap-server-port 993)
                (nnimap-stream ssl)))
 -------        ---------       ---=---       ---------      --------

The nnimap server shows up in server buffer and pressing it I see
these groups:

      26: INBOX
K      0: Personal
       0: Receipts
K      0: Travel
K      0: Work
      34: [Gmail]/All Mail
       0: [Gmail]/Drafts
K      2: [Gmail]/Important
       5: [Gmail]/Sent Mail
K      0: [Gmail]/Spam
K      1: [Gmail]/Starred
K      0: [Gmail]/Trash

There are actually a bunch more groups that have never shown up
here... but right now I'd like to just focus on figuring out why I'm
not seeing the mail on gmail.

So as you see I'm subscribed to
  INBOX
  All Mail
  Drafts
  Sent Mail

You notice INBOX on the server buffer shows 26 but when I actually
look in the INBOX I see only 5

All Mail shows 34 but when I view the group I see 9.

I'm talking about after pressing something like C-u 100 Z R to make
sure I'm asking for the last 100 messages, whether they be old/read or
whatever.

I sent myself 3 messages about 20 minutes ago, but there is no
evidence of them on the gnus setup, after press M-g on each nnimap
group.

And even going into server buffer, closing the nnimap server and
reopening it.

Does anyone know roughly how long it should take for messages that are
visible in gmail online, to become visible in gnus?  Not very long I
would guess.

I saw the 3 new messages on gmail online more or less immediately but
1/2 hour later and after several mail scans and server close opens, I
don't see a thing in the nnimap groups.

This is very abnormal... right?

How can I debug this?