On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 05:54:46 -0500 Ted Zlatanov wrote: TZ> On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 12:10:26 +0200 David Engster wrote: DE> Either that, or just do DE> (eval-when-compile DE> (when (null (require 'ert nil t)) DE> (defmacro* ert-deftest (name () &body docstring-keys-and-body)))) DE> to silence the byte-compiler. Your solution is less hacky, but then you DE> have to always remember to wrap ert-deftest in those featurep clauses. TZ> Oh, I like your solution better since I don't have to reindent ;) TZ> I made the change in *registry.el, thanks. Interesting. When I byte-compile in Gnus (just "make" in the Lisp directory), I get the attached backtrace. Sorry for the nasty backtrace but I can't load the code AND exhibit the problem. If I load gnus-registry.el and do `M-x eval-buffer' then it works properly. So something is off with the byte-compilation, at least the compilation that Gnus does. Ted