* jumping from received mail to my reply
@ 2011-02-19  8:27 Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2011-02-19  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

When I reply to a mail message it is marked with an 'A'—is there any
easy way to then jump from that message to my reply? I am gcc'ing to an
archive group, but my sent mail is not saved into my 'misc' inbox, and
doesn't appear within the threads of incoming mail (I don't really want
it to either, I like the current setup). I am using the registry, if
that might help. And no-gnus…

Thanks!

Eric

* Re: jumping from received mail to my reply
@ 2011-02-20  2:34 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-02-20  2:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> When I reply to a mail message it is marked with an 'A'—is there any
> easy way to then jump from that message to my reply?

Hm...  I don't think so.  I don't think a mapping from the replied
article to the reply is maintained anywhere.

* Re: jumping from received mail to my reply
@ 2011-02-20  3:43   ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2011-02-20  3:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Sun, Feb 20 2011, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

>> When I reply to a mail message it is marked with an 'A'—is there any
>> easy way to then jump from that message to my reply?
>
> Hm...  I don't think so.  I don't think a mapping from the replied
> article to the reply is maintained anywhere.

Okay, thanks. Not knowing how the gnus registry works, is this kind of
function something that could potentially fit into that framework?

@ 2011-02-21 20:21     ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2011-02-21 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Sun, 20 Feb 2011 11:43:18 +0800 Eric Abrahamsen <eric@ericabrahamsen.net> wrote:

EA> On Sun, Feb 20 2011, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
>> Eric Abrahamsen <eric@ericabrahamsen.net> writes:
>>
>>> When I reply to a mail message it is marked with an 'A'—is there any
>>> easy way to then jump from that message to my reply?
>>
>> Hm...  I don't think so.  I don't think a mapping from the replied
>> article to the reply is maintained anywhere.

EA> Okay, thanks. Not knowing how the gnus registry works, is this kind of
EA> function something that could potentially fit into that framework?

Definitely it could do it.  You just need to store it in the extra data
slot, together with marks and the other stuff, when a reply is sent.

Ted

* Re: jumping from received mail to my reply
@ 2011-02-21 22:34 ` Johnny
From: Johnny @ 2011-02-21 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Abrahamsen; +Cc: ding

> When I reply to a mail message it is marked with an 'A'—is there any
> easy way to then jump from that message to my reply? I am gcc'ing to an
> archive group, but my sent mail is not saved into my 'misc' inbox, and
> doesn't appear within the threads of incoming mail (I don't really want
> it to either, I like the current setup).

If you don't want to change your current setup (separate inbox and sent
as i understand), you can always create a virtual group that consists of
those two. So you get your threaded conversations in the virtual group.

--
Johnny

* Re: jumping from received mail to my reply
@ 2011-02-21 23:21   ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2011-02-21 23:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Tue, Feb 22 2011, Johnny wrote:

>> When I reply to a mail message it is marked with an 'A'—is there any
>> easy way to then jump from that message to my reply? I am gcc'ing to an
>> archive group, but my sent mail is not saved into my 'misc' inbox, and
>> doesn't appear within the threads of incoming mail (I don't really want
>> it to either, I like the current setup).
>
> If you don't want to change your current setup (separate inbox and sent
> as i understand), you can always create a virtual group that consists of
> those two. So you get your threaded conversations in the virtual group.

Interesting… I might give that a shot, thanks. (And look into the guts
of the registry when I've got a lazy afternoon…)

Eric