jidanni@jidanni.org writes: > But to view them externally, the best we can do is copy/kill the > region containing the link, then change to our Firefox etc. browser > window, and paste it into the URL bar, and hit RET. As Lars said, you should request this as an Emacs feature. Two others ways of doing this, if you are using Linux/Unix (don't know about other platforms), are: 1. Use the clipboard in KDE or Gnome that can be configured to popup a menu that allows you to open the selected URL in a browser. 2. Use a program that can get the current x-selection, write a shell script to open it up in a browser and put it in your root menu (and optional bind it to a key). I have done this with Window Maker in the past. Charles -- "Oh, I've seen copies [of Linux Journal] around the terminal room at The Labs." (By Dennis Ritchie)