With the old version on nnimap, I had a hack in place that allowed article editing; but it wasn't ready for others, because it didn't update the summary buffer correctly or preserve marks. It seems to me that this shouldn't be such a hard thing to support properly, though. Gnus can already move an article between groups, and editing an article in a backend that has immutable articles is like moving it to the same group, except that the article is changed before being saved to the group. So I think it should be possible to re-use the code that is invoked when the user types `B m'. An extra argument (or a global variable) could be used to tell nnimap-request-move-article that the move isn't to be considered internal and to tell nnimap-request-accept-buffer to take the article from the editing buffer. That already would be a big step forward, but even better would be to update the summary buffer to replace the deleted article with the newly created article. Here's a crude patch against the old nnimap that illustrates the idea, but which doesn't work. But maybe something similar will work with the new nnimap (and maybe it would only be 10 or 20 lines of code)? (And maybe this can even be done independent of the backend, just assuming that the backend can create articles?) Dan