* menu entry gnus-registry-set-article-Important-mark does not work
@ 2009-04-23 15:32 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2009-04-23 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello

I just saw by accident in the menu entry Registry.
However when I tried to use it I obtained.

Symbol's function definition is void: gnus-registry-set-article-Important-mark

Entering in the gnus-registry.el I see that I have to load this
functionality. Could

    -  either the menu entry deleted

    -  or that initiation down somehow automatically

Other wise it is confusing.

thanks

Uwe Brauer

* Re: menu entry gnus-registry-set-article-Important-mark does not work
@ 2009-04-23 15:41 ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2009-04-23 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

   > Hello

   > I just saw by accident in the menu entry Registry.
   > However when I tried to use it I obtained.

   > Symbol's function definition is void:
   > gnus-registry-set-article-Important-mark

   > Entering in the gnus-registry.el I see that I have to load this
   > functionality. Could

It seems that I was to optimistic it does not work for me[1].
At least not for the nnimap backend nor for the  nndraft.

Here is the bug trace
--8<------------------------schnipp------------------------->8---

Symbol's function definition is void: gnus-registry-set-article-Important-mark
Retrieving newsgroup: nntp+news.gmane.org:gmane.emacs.gnus.general...
--8<------------------------schnapp------------------------->8---

Uwe Brauer

Footnotes:
[1]  Xemacs 21.4.21 Mule ngnus 0.11

* Re: menu entry gnus-registry-set-article-Important-mark does not work
@ 2009-05-08 18:24   ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2009-05-08 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 17:41:38 +0200 Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> wrote:

UB> Here is the bug trace
UB> --8<------------------------schnipp------------------------->8---

UB> Symbol's function definition is void: gnus-registry-set-article-Important-mark
UB> Retrieving newsgroup: nntp+news.gmane.org:gmane.emacs.gnus.general...
UB> --8<------------------------schnapp------------------------->8---

This works for me with Emacs from CVS and Gnus from CVS.

My marks are as follows, but should be equivalent to what you have:

(setq gnus-registry-marks
      '((Important
     :char ?ι
     :image "summary_important")
    (Work
     :char ?ω
     :image "summary_work")
    (Personal
     :char ?π
     :image "summary_personal")
    (To-Do
     :char ?τ
     :image "summary_todo")
    (Later
     :char ?λ
     :image "summary_later")))

Can you please run gnus-registry-install-shortcuts?

What does `C-h f gnus-registry-set-article-Important-mark' show?

Thanks
Ted

* Re: menu entry gnus-registry-set-article-Important-mark does not work
@ 2009-07-15 16:19     ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2009-07-15 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding; +Cc: Uwe Brauer

On Fri, 08 May 2009 13:24:23 -0500 Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> wrote:

TZ> On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 17:41:38 +0200 Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> wrote:
UB> Here is the bug trace
UB> --8<------------------------schnipp------------------------->8---

UB> Symbol's function definition is void: gnus-registry-set-article-Important-mark
UB> Retrieving newsgroup: nntp+news.gmane.org:gmane.emacs.gnus.general...
UB> --8<------------------------schnapp------------------------->8---

TZ> This works for me with Emacs from CVS and Gnus from CVS.

TZ> My marks are as follows, but should be equivalent to what you have:

TZ> (setq gnus-registry-marks
TZ>       '((Important
TZ>      :char ?ι
TZ>      :image "summary_important")
TZ>     (Work
TZ>      :char ?ω
TZ>      :image "summary_work")
TZ>     (Personal
TZ>      :char ?π
TZ>      :image "summary_personal")
TZ>     (To-Do
TZ>      :char ?τ
TZ>      :image "summary_todo")
TZ>     (Later
TZ>      :char ?λ
TZ>      :image "summary_later")))

TZ> Can you please run gnus-registry-install-shortcuts?

TZ> What does `C-h f gnus-registry-set-article-Important-mark' show?

Uwe, did you ever see my response?  Has the problem gone away for you?

Thansk
Ted