* How to keep attemting to connec to server?
@ 2009-01-12 23:30 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2009-01-12 23:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Something has happened recently between me and gmane gateway.  There
seems to be a lot more congestion... seemingly at least
semi-permanent.

I keep having to go into the server buffer, since my gmane server has
either gone off line or been denied.   This happens repeatedly and
beginning to be a real pita.

However, in most cases I can close the server with `C' then open it
with `O'.  Usually with a bit of a pause or even failure once or twice
but then it connects.  (In most cases on the first [C]lose and [O]pen
cycle.

How can I automate that?  Make gnus do those cycles until a connection
is obtained?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-01-12 23:30 UTC | newest]