From: David <de_bb@arcor.de>
To: ding@gnus.org
Cc: Reiner.Steib@gmx.de
Subject: Re: Integration of nnmairix.el
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 00:26:42 +0100	[thread overview]

> Could you please send the current version of `nnmairix.el' to the list
> for review?

It's attached to this mail.

> I didn't look into it in detail, but at least the
> following items need to be addressed:
>
> - Documentation.  Minimally the content from
>   <http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/GnusMairix> should be
>   converted to texinfo to fit into `texi/gnus.texi'.

OK, I'll do that.

> - Key bindings:
>
>   · Some of the summary mode bindings (`S ...') are already taken
>     (S t, S f, S m).  Or are these only active in nnmairix groups?

No. Since these are commands which create search commands based on the
current article they should work in every group. I somehow overlooked
that these bindings are already taken.

>   · The Group mode prefix `G b' is available.  But maybe there's a
>     better one (I don't know).  Maybe we should arrange that the group
>     mode bindings are only done if the user wants to use nnmairix?

Yes, I guess that's reasonable since those bindings are useless without
a working mairix installation, so maybe users should have to explicitly
put (require 'nnmairix) into their .gnus for activating them.

> - Doc strings:
>
>   Some of the doc strings don't follow the Emacs conventions.  See
>   `M-x checkdoc RET'.
>
> - The defcustoms need a :version tag:
>   :version "23.0" ;; No Gnus

I fixed that.