From: Tassilo Horn <tassilo@member.fsf.org>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Mail gets split to archive groups
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 17:57:15 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi all,

I've posted this to gmane.emacs.gnus.user before but didn't get any
answers.

My mail splitting for mail-sources is defined by:

(setq nnmail-split-methods 'nnmail-split-fancy
      nnmail-split-fancy
      '(| (any "tassilo.horn@gmx.de"     "mail.gmx")
          (any "tassilo.horn@freenet.de" "mail.freenet")
          "mail.misc"))

Normally this works good and pop3 mails are sorted into the groups

           nnml:mail.freenet
           nnml:mail.gmx
           nnml:mail.misc

I also use nnml-archive groups.

(setq gnus-message-archive-method
      '(nnml "archive"
             (nnml-inhibit-expiry t)
             (nnml-directory "~/News/archive")
             (nnml-active-file "~/News/archive/active")))

(setq gnus-message-archive-group
      '((cond
         ((message-news-p)
          ;; News
          (concat "sent-messages-" (format-time-string "%Y")))
         ((message-mail-p)
          ;; Mail
          "nnimap+Fastmail:INBOX.Sent Items"))))

So my own news postings get archived in groups like

           nnml+archive:sent-messages-2006
           nnml+archive:sent-messages-2007

This works, too.

But sometimes when I check for new messages from my mail-sources it is
split into groups of the archive server and I get groups like:

           nnml+archive:mail.freenet
           nnml+archive:mail.gmx
           nnml+archive:mail.misc

I cannot see any difference between mails that are split into the normal
groups and those that are split into the same groups on the archive
server.

Any ideas?

Bye,
Tassilo