I'm trying to write a function that will forward spam. Most of it seemed pretty straightforward, but all the normal message hooks are run (adding headers, a signature, starting flyspell, etc.). What's the right way to disable all those hooks? Based on a little poking around in the gnus sources, I thought this would work: (defun spam () (interactive) (let (gnus-message-setup-hook message-signature-setup-hook message-mode-hook message-header-setup-hook (message-forward-ignored-headers "^Content-Transfer-Encoding:\\|^X-Gnus\\|^Received")) ... and in fact the message-forward-ignored-headers seems to be right, but the hooks are still running? Am I missing something obvious? Be seeing you, norm -- Norman Walsh | Humanity is acquiring all the right http://nwalsh.com/ | technology for all the wrong | reasons.--R. Buckminster Fuller