* Disabling hooks
@ 2005-04-05 13:41 Norman Walsh
From: Norman Walsh @ 2005-04-05 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm trying to write a function that will forward spam. Most of it
seemed pretty straightforward, but all the normal message hooks
are run (adding headers, a signature, starting flyspell, etc.).

What's the right way to disable all those hooks?

Based on a little poking around in the gnus sources, I thought
this would work:

(defun spam ()
  (interactive)
  (let (gnus-message-setup-hook
	message-signature-setup-hook
	message-mode-hook
	message-header-setup-hook
	(message-forward-ignored-headers
	 "^Content-Transfer-Encoding:\\|^X-Gnus\\|^Received"))

and in fact the message-forward-ignored-headers seems to be right,
but the hooks are still running?

Am I missing something obvious?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm