I'm contemplating the way gnus-mime-copy-part ("c" on a button) sets up the buffer it shows. With a random 8-bit application/octet-stream, like r.gz below, viewing with "c" and then attempting to save with C-x C-s prompts for a coding system, and it seems even no-conversion doesn't give the right bytes. r.gz for instance should be 393 bytes, as revealled by an "o" save. And this is all of course with auto-compression-mode off so the zany jka-compr stuff doesn't get involved. Is there some magic gnus-mime-copy-part could or should do to give a buffer which is save-able? I guess making it unibyte (before inserting) would work, but I expect that's not good for viewing proper text files or stuff.