From: "Adam Sjøgren" <asjo@koldfront.dk>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Totally unrelated message shown in thread, sometimes
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2020 00:40:07 +0100	[thread overview]

Eric writes:

> A suggestion: I get strange behaviour whenever I have tried to use any
> of the daemons.  Usually, hitting M-g on the group before entering it
> fixes things.  Next time you see a strangely threaded summary buffer,
> leave with Q (gnus-summary-exit-no-update, not lower case q), hit M-g on
> the group, and enter it again.  See if you get different threading and
> report here?

This "two articles get mixed together"-thing just happened to me again.
It was just after my laptop had a network hiccup (losing connection to
the access point).

More specifically, an article in a newsgroup,
nntp+fb:feedbase.blog.risks, showed it's own headers mixed with headers
from an article in my nndraft:delayed group. It looked spooky:

 · https://koldfront.dk/misc/gnus/mixup.png

Duplicate From, Subject, Newsgroups lines, and the Organization, Gcc,
OpenPGP, X-Now-Playing and X-Gnus-Delayed all coming from the delayed
article rather than the f.b.risks article.

Exiting the group with Q, M-g'ing and entering the group again didn't
make any difference - the same mixed up article headers were shown
again. I tried M-g'ing on both groups as well, no difference.

Quitting Gnus and starting again made the inclusion of headers from the
delayed article stop, and the f.b.risks article looked as expected
afterwards.

I guess it's sort of reasonable that things get out of whack when the
network disappears, it's just a weird result.

  Merry christmas,

    Adam

--
 "Scare yourself all away from the light                    Adam Sjøgren
  When you look down - you never left the ground"      asjo@koldfront.dk