From: asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren)
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: ignore bcc when followup
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 13:49:12 +0100	[thread overview]

Uwe writes:

>     > Gnus, mutt and Gmail all remove the Bcc header from both the email sent
>     > to the original recipient AND from the blind carbon copy.

> No they don't at least gnus does not, in my previous email the example I
> gave were generated by gnus, that is gnus display the BCC field, in a
> message which was sent my gnus, I wonder why he does not do it for you.

Gnus does not send the Bcc header neither to the recipient in To: nor to
the recipient in Bcc:.

Example:

I am sending this email from Gnus:

  To: asjoegren@gmail.com
  Bcc: asjo@mcom.com
  Subject: Test of Bcc
  From: asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren)
  Gcc: nnml+archive:mail-2017
  --text follows this line--
  Test of Bcc

  --
   "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking        Adam Sjøgren
    at the stars."                                         asjo@koldfront.dk

This is the conversation between Gnus and the mail server:

  220 tullinup.koldfront.dk ESMTP Postfix (Debian/GNU).
  EHLO tullinup.
  250-tullinup.koldfront.dk.
  250-PIPELINING.
  250-SIZE 209715200.
  250-VRFY.
  250-ETRN.
  250-STARTTLS.
  250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES.
  250-8BITMIME.
  250-DSN.
  250 SMTPUTF8.
  MAIL FROM:<asjo@koldfront.dk> SIZE=1032.
  250 2.1.0 Ok.
  RCPT TO:<asjo@mcom.com>.
  250 2.1.5 Ok.
  RCPT TO:<asjoegren@gmail.com>.
  250 2.1.5 Ok.
  DATA.
  354 End data with <CR><LF>.<CR><LF>.
  From: asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam =?utf-8?Q?Sj=C3=B8gren?=)
  To: asjoegren@gmail.com.
  Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 13:44:15 +0100.
  .
  Test of Bcc.
  .
  --=20.
   "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking        Adam Sj=C3=B8=.
  gren.
    at the stars."                                         asjo@koldfront.dk.
  ..

  250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as 8542210053471.

As you can see, Gnus does NOT send the Bcc-header, it sends the email
without the Bcc-header to the two recipients.

It does, however, store the Bcc header in the *local copy* of the email,
so *you* can see that you did in fact Bcc.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the          Adam Sjøgren
  reality I accept."                                     asjo@koldfront.dk