* nnimap: article list is not correct.
@ 2015-01-21 14:07 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2015-01-21 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello

I have connected gnus to my gmail account via nnimap. (No agent involved)

My INBOX was large (5042 messages) and I reduced it drastically using
thunderbird (since this is faster).

Now the INBOX contains 115 messages.

However when I try to enter the INBOX (group) gnus keeps telling me that
it contains 5042 and offers me to show 200, when I do this, I only see
19 messages (read). When I demand to see 5042 he shows me the 115
messages which are actually in that INBOX.

It seems that some index needs to be actualised but how?
I tried gnus-expunge-group, without success.

Any help is appreciated.

Uwe Brauer

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: nnimap: article list is not correct.
@ 2015-01-21 15:41 ` e.fraga
From: e.fraga @ 2015-01-21 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Wednesday, 21 Jan 2015 at 15:07, Uwe Brauer wrote:

[...]

> It seems that some index needs to be actualised but how?
> I tried gnus-expunge-group, without success.
>
> Any help is appreciated.

I have found that typing M-g on the group line in the group buffer
sometimes helps.

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xFFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.4.1 + Ma Gnus v0.12 + evil-git-2748228

* Re: nnimap: article list is not correct.
@ 2015-01-21 17:39   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2015-01-21 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

>> "e" == e fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:

   > On Wednesday, 21 Jan 2015 at 15:07, Uwe Brauer wrote:
   > [...]

   >> It seems that some index needs to be actualised but how?
   >> I tried gnus-expunge-group, without success.
   >>
   >> Any help is appreciated.

   > I have found that typing M-g on the group line in the group buffer
   > sometimes helps.

Thanks! I killed the group and then re-subscribed and that helped as
well.

@ 2015-01-21 21:00     ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2015-01-21 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

>>> "e" == e fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:

>> On Wednesday, 21 Jan 2015 at 15:07, Uwe Brauer wrote:
>> [...]

>>> It seems that some index needs to be actualised but how?
>>> I tried gnus-expunge-group, without success.
>>>
>>> Any help is appreciated.

>> I have found that typing M-g on the group line in the group buffer
>> sometimes helps.

Ah, yes.  With M-g on the group it does a full update of the marks the
same way the old nnimap backend does ("UID FETCH FLAGS 1:*", I think),
but with a 'g' in the group buffer it uses QRESYNC together with the
information cached in .newsrc.eld.

Using QRESYNC failed on some servers in the early days of the rewritten
nnimap.

Using dovecot, I haven't seen any issues since the new nnimap was new
and still work in progress (August to November 2010, according to the
git log, 1b47313d04b1f29cc08ba329375cbb7aba0a6c33 seems to be the
earliest change).

> Thanks! I killed the group and then re-subscribed and that helped as
> well.

Well, if it crops up again, try M-g.

What IMAP server is this?

* Re: nnimap: article list is not correct.
@ 2015-01-21 22:22       ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2015-01-21 22:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding