* Lamer walk thru downloads hundreds of old messages
@ 2014-04-06  2:06 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2014-04-06  2:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I'm pretty baffled with something that I used to do constantly using
gnus agent, but some yrs ago I quit doing any actual downloading since
gmane keeps the groups for so long... there just was no need.

Consequently I've forgotten just about everything about how to do it.

I suddenly have need of downloading hundreds of old messages from a
gmane group.... I have 10,000 msgs from that group in the summary
buffer at this moment... and suddenly realized I did not know for sure
what to do to make my selected several hundred get downloaded.

My category predicate is the default 'short'

Not sure if that matters.

Is it just a matter of plopping the % mark and telling the agent to
get at it?