Hello I am using smime together with epa (and gnus). It often happens that I try to send encrypted mails to a list of people where at least one of the recipient public keys I do not have, which of course is not possible. The indeed a message pops up No public key for .... skip it? (y or n) when I say y. Then the following message pops up Wrong type argument: epg-key-p, nil I propose not have this error message but to change the tag from <#secure method=smime mode=signencrypt> To <#secure method=smime mode=sign> Which would not cause any delay in sending the message. Thanks Uwe Brauer