* getting nndiary to work
@ 2011-06-22 20:30 lee
From: lee @ 2011-06-22 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

I´m trying to get nndiary to work. I followed the documentation and put
settings for nndiary into ~/.gnus:

,----
| (add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
| 	     '(nntp "news1.open-news-network.org")
| 	     '((nndiary "diary") (nndiary-get-new-mail t)))
|
| (add-hook 'gnus-select-group-hook 'gnus-group-set-timestamp)
| ;;(setq nndiary-get-new-mail t)
| (setq nndiary-mail-sources '((file :path "~/.nndiary")))
| (setq nndiary-split-methods
|       '(("nndiary:diary"
| 	 "")))
| (setq nndiary-week-starts-on-monday t)
`----

After some searching, I found a posting saying that you need to create
the nndiary group manually. After creating it, I have a group
"nndiary:diary". When starting gnus, there´s a message in the minibuffer
about opening the nndiary server.

Unfortunately, nndiary doesn´t do anything. I can send myself nndiary
messages that do get delivered into ~/.nndiary, and nndiary seems to
ignore them. I can copy or move nndiary messages into the nndiary group
and it´s not any different from moving or copying messages to other
groups.

I can enter the group and view the messages just as with other
groups. When starting to write a mail while in the group, the nndiary
headers are inserted automatically.

What am I missing?