From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <yagnesh@live.com>
To: Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk>
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Tutorials and worg like site for gnus.
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2011 03:46:53 +0900	[thread overview]

Hi Eric,
Thanks for the response.,

> Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <yagneshmsc@gmail.com> writes:
>
> [...]
>
>> Thanks for explanation. It clears out few questions out of many I have.
>> My quest is to have all my mails (from different imap/pop sources) stored
>> locally on my lab computer(which is up & connected Internet 24hours) and
>> sync(possibly with git vc) them to my laptop.
>
> Although I don't do this any more (relying instead on gnus agent), I did
> have a setup similar to what you are describing.  My approach was to use
> fetchmail with mailfilter/maildrop to download emails from various
> sources and place them all in a number of maildir folders.  These were
> then read using gnus or mutt or wl or ...

could you explain why you moved away from your erlier configuration.?

> The different machines I had were kept in sync using unison so there was
> no single main system -- they (office, home, laptop) were all identical.

thanks for mentioning unision, seems better option than git. if it is
not private, would be great if you can post your syncing setup.

> This worked very well; I moved to IMAP with gnus agent when gnus IMAP
> support improved so dramatically in the past 6 months!  (Thanks Lars et
> al.)

I follow the emacs bzr HEAD. so I am having developemental version of
gnus. so I would try gnus agent for IMAP.

Again many Thanks for you time.,
Yagnesh

--
Among the lucky, you are the chosen one.