* Buffer has a running process when reporting spam to gmane
@ 2009-09-23  8:06 Rémi Letot
From: Rémi Letot @ 2009-09-23  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello,

I use gnus and gmane to read many mailing lists, and report spam
whenever I can. I use gnus as packaged in emacs-snapshot on debian,
which tracks emacs development (latest snapshot from 09/09/2009).

Now I have experienced a small problem for some weeks : whenever I mark
messages as spam in gnus, I have error messages when I quit the group:

Buffer has a running process; kill it? (y or n)

The number of messages is equal to the number of marked messages. I
answer "n" (multiple times if needed) and apparently the messages are
correctly reported to gmane as shown in the messages buffer:

Exiting summary buffer and applying spam rules
Registering 1 specific articles as spam using backend spam-use-gmane
Reporting article 198 to spam.gmane.org...
Buffer has a running process; kill it? (y or n)
1 spam messages were registered by backend spam-use-gmane.

I can't remember when that behaviour started, but don't hesitate to ask
for more information if needed.

Thanks for both gnus and gmane, these are amazing :-)
--
Rémi