* The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-09-14 14:37 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
                   ` (12 more replies)
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2008-09-14 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I'm moving house (a whopping two blocks away, but mostly straight
upwards), so I'm sorting through stuff.  I've now reached the innermost
innards of the basement storage units, and what did I find there but two
cases of Pterodactyl Gnus mugs!  Yes!  Mugs!  And polystyrene packing
materials!  Yes!

So to get rid of them, I'm giving them away.  I'll throw in postage,
too.  So just go to

https://ingebrigtsen.no/shop.php

and fill in your name and address, and I'll ship them your way with my
usual, dependable dispatch.  Which means that it's not entirely unlikely
that you'll get them sometime before Xmas.  Not entirely.

If I get fewer requests for mugs than the number I have, I'll just send
more of them to each person.  If not, not.

I also found a bag containing about ten t-shirts of various types, so
I've listed them there, too.  All free.  Think of them as Xmas gifts.
I've only got a couple of each, though, so it's first come, first served
for those...

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-09-14 18:03 ` Steinar Bang
                   ` (11 subsequent siblings)
From: Steinar Bang @ 2008-09-14 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

[snip! Pterodactyl mugs]
> So to get rid of them, I'm giving them away.  I'll throw in postage,
> too.  So just go to

> https://ingebrigtsen.no/shop.php

An offer I couldn't refuse.

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-09-14 19:22 ` Lloyd Zusman
                   ` (10 subsequent siblings)
From: Lloyd Zusman @ 2008-09-14 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> [ ... ]
>
> So to get rid of them, I'm giving them away.  I'll throw in postage,
> too.  So just go to
>
> https://ingebrigtsen.no/shop.php
>
> [ ... ]

Hey, thanks!

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz@asfast.com

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-09-15  7:19 ` Didier Verna
                   ` (9 subsequent siblings)
From: Didier Verna @ 2008-09-15  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> So to get rid of them, I'm giving them away. I'll throw in postage,
> too. So just go to
>
> https://ingebrigtsen.no/shop.php

  Given the amount of money you're gonna make out of that, I've decided
to give away my royalties on the name "Pterodactyl" :-)

Thanks for the offer !

--
Resistance is futile. You will be jazzimilated.

Scientific site:   http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~didier
Music (Jazz) site: http://www.didierverna.com

EPITA/LRDE, 14-16 rue Voltaire, 94276 Le Kremlin-Bicêtre, France
Tel. +33 (0)1 44 08 01 85       Fax. +33 (0)1 53 14 59 22

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2008-09-15  7:50 ` Christoph Conrad
                   ` (8 subsequent siblings)
From: Christoph Conrad @ 2008-09-15  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi Lars,

> So to get rid of them, I'm giving them away. I'll throw in postage,
> too. So just go to

Ten years ago i started with the CVS Pterodactyl Gnus (pgnus), and now i
get a mug of it for free. Thank you very much :-)

With kind regards,
Christoph

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2008-09-15 17:46 ` Glyn Millington
                   ` (7 subsequent siblings)
From: Glyn Millington @ 2008-09-15 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

This is wonderful!!  Many thanks :-)

atb

Glyn

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2008-09-15 18:10 ` Sivaram Neelakantan
                   ` (6 subsequent siblings)
From: Sivaram Neelakantan @ 2008-09-15 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> I'm moving house (a whopping two blocks away, but mostly straight
> upwards), so I'm sorting through stuff.  I've now reached the innermost
> innards of the basement storage units, and what did I find there but two
> cases of Pterodactyl Gnus mugs!  Yes!  Mugs!  And polystyrene packing
> materials!  Yes!
>
> So to get rid of them, I'm giving them away.  I'll throw in postage,
> too.  So just go to
>
> https://ingebrigtsen.no/shop.php
>
> and fill in your name and address, and I'll ship them your way with my
> usual, dependable dispatch.  Which means that it's not entirely unlikely
> that you'll get them sometime before Xmas.  Not entirely.
>
> If I get fewer requests for mugs than the number I have, I'll just send
> more of them to each person.  If not, not.
>
> I also found a bag containing about ten t-shirts of various types, so
> I've listed them there, too.  All free.  Think of them as Xmas gifts.
> I've only got a couple of each, though, so it's first come, first served
> for those...

[...]

Thank you, I've submitted the form for a mug.  Let's see my reaction
to receiving it and going..

I've been using Gnus and all I got.....

Thanks again.

 sivaram

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
                   ` (5 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2008-09-15 20:36 ` Malcolm Purvis
                   ` (5 subsequent siblings)
From: Malcolm Purvis @ 2008-09-15 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

This is great!

Many thanks!

Malcolm

--
		     Malcolm Purvis <malcolmp@xemacs.org>

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
                   ` (6 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2008-09-15 20:54 ` Ted Zlatanov
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2008-09-15 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 16:37:49 +0200 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:

LMI> I'm moving house (a whopping two blocks away, but mostly straight
LMI> upwards), so I'm sorting through stuff...

Thanks for finding old cool swag.  Will there be a new series one of
these days?

Ted

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
                   ` (7 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2008-09-15 23:10 ` Wes Hardaker
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Wes Hardaker @ 2008-09-15 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

LMI> So to get rid of them, I'm giving them away.  I'll throw in postage,
LMI> too.  So just go to

Now that's a deal!  Since I already have some mugs, I know just the
person to give them to in December (I got him started using Gnus right
about then and he hasn't left it since).

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
                   ` (8 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2008-09-15 23:31 ` Michael Ekstrand
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Michael Ekstrand @ 2008-09-15 23:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> and fill in your name and address, and I'll ship them your way with my
> usual, dependable dispatch.  Which means that it's not entirely unlikely
> that you'll get them sometime before Xmas.  Not entirely.

As a fairly new but thoroughly addicted Gnus user, thanks :).

- Michael

--
mouse, n: A device for pointing at the xterm in which you want to type.
Confused by the strange files?  I cryptographically sign my messages.

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-09-16 15:30   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2008-09-16 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> Thanks for finding old cool swag.  Will there be a new series one of
> these days?

Probably not soon, but I'd like to do some No Gnus stuff at some
point...

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2008-09-18 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

The mugs are have now all been ordered, according to the script on
Quimby.  Actually, they've probably been over-ordered, since it turns
out that one of the cases of mugs wasn't quite full, so some of you
might miss out, anyway.  We'll see how that goes when I start packing
the mugs up.  Which may actually be this weekend.

Or not.

Shipping's hard.

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
                           ` (6 more replies)
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2008-09-20 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Actually, they've probably been over-ordered, since it turns
> out that one of the cases of mugs wasn't quite full, so some of you
> might miss out, anyway.

I spent last evening packing (and watching Stargate Atlantis), and it
turned out I had more mugs than I thought.  Three, to be precise.  And
one XL women's XL Oort t-shirt.  So I've put them on

https://ingebrigtsen.no/shop.php

Go ahead and grab them before they're gone.

The other mugs and shirts should go to the post office on Monday,
probably.  I meant to take them today, but I kinda woke up too late.
Which didn't come as a complete shock, since I finished packing the last
mug at 5 a.m. before plotzing into bed...

I love the mail order business.  No, really.

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-09-26 17:57         ` Mike Woolley
                           ` (5 subsequent siblings)
From: Mike Woolley @ 2008-09-26 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> The other mugs and shirts should go to the post office on Monday,
> probably.  I meant to take them today, but I kinda woke up too late.
> Which didn't come as a complete shock, since I finished packing the last
> mug at 5 a.m. before plotzing into bed...
>
> I love the mail order business.  No, really.

The mug arrived this morning - thanks very much Lars :-)

Very stylish it is too. I was also glad to see it was made in England!

--
Cheers,
Mike

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-09-26 19:10           ` Glyn Millington
From: Glyn Millington @ 2008-09-26 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Mike Woolley <mike@bulsara.com> writes:

> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:
>
>> The other mugs and shirts should go to the post office on Monday,
>> probably.  I meant to take them today, but I kinda woke up too late.
>> Which didn't come as a complete shock, since I finished packing the last
>> mug at 5 a.m. before plotzing into bed...
>>
>> I love the mail order business.  No, really.
>
> The mug arrived this morning - thanks very much Lars :-)
>
> Very stylish it is too. I was also glad to see it was made in England!

Same here :-)  Am quaffing in between typing!  Many thanks indeed.

atb
Glyn

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-09-27  8:54         ` Adrian Lanz
                           ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Adrian Lanz @ 2008-09-27  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

    LMI> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:
    >> Actually, they've probably been over-ordered, since it turns out
    >> that one of the cases of mugs wasn't quite full, so some of you
    >> might miss out, anyway.

    LMI> I spent last evening packing (and watching Stargate Atlantis),
    LMI> and it turned out I had more mugs than I thought.  Three, to be
    LMI> precise.  And one XL women's XL Oort t-shirt.  So I've put them
    LMI> on

    LMI> https://ingebrigtsen.no/shop.php

    LMI> Go ahead and grab them before they're gone.

    LMI> The other mugs and shirts should go to the post office on
    LMI> Monday, probably.  I meant to take them today, but I kinda woke
    LMI> up too late.  Which didn't come as a complete shock, since I
    LMI> finished packing the last mug at 5 a.m. before plotzing into
    LMI> bed...

    LMI> I love the mail order business.  No, really.

    LMI> -- (domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
    LMI>   larsi@gnus.org * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen

What a lovely morning: sunny weather, I grabed my old Oort t-shirt and
enjoy a cup of tea in the new Pterodactyl mug - and with plans to learn
more about Reznikoff!

Many thanks, Adrian.

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-09-27 18:04             ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2008-09-27 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Mike Woolley <mike@bulsara.com> writes:
>> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:
>>
>>> The other mugs and shirts should go to the post office on Monday,
>>> probably.  I meant to take them today, but I kinda woke up too late.
>>> Which didn't come as a complete shock, since I finished packing the last
>>> mug at 5 a.m. before plotzing into bed...

>>> I love the mail order business.  No, really.

>> The mug arrived this morning - thanks very much Lars :-)

>> Very stylish it is too. I was also glad to see it was made in England!

> Same here :-)  Am quaffing in between typing!  Many thanks indeed.

Cup received here as well.  Actually, it was here yesterday, but it was
too big for my mailbox so I had to pick it up at the local post office.

"In a cloud bones of steel"

Thanx, Lars!

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-09-28  6:06               ` Lloyd Zusman
From: Lloyd Zusman @ 2008-09-28  6:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:

>> Mike Woolley <mike@bulsara.com> writes:

>>> The mug arrived this morning - thanks very much Lars :-)
>
>>> Very stylish it is too. I was also glad to see it was made in England!
>
>> Same here :-)  Am quaffing in between typing!  Many thanks indeed.
>
> Cup received here as well.  Actually, it was here yesterday, but it was
> too big for my mailbox so I had to pick it up at the local post office.
>
> "In a cloud bones of steel"
>
> Thanx, Lars!

Mine also arrived.I really like how it looks, and it has sentimental value.

Thank you, Lars!

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz@asfast.com

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-09-29  4:44                 ` Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2008-09-29  4:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Lloyd Zusman <ljz@asfast.com> writes:
>> Cup received here as well.  Actually, it was here yesterday, but it was
>> too big for my mailbox so I had to pick it up at the local post office.
>>
>> "In a cloud bones of steel"
>
> Mine also arrived.I really like how it looks, and it has sentimental value.

I bought my pterodactyl gnus mug many years ago, but I'll chime in on
how cool it is.  It's my favorite mug.

Where does that quote come from, btw?

_miles

--
`Suppose Korea goes to the World Cup final against Japan and wins,' Moon said.
`All the past could be forgiven.'   [NYT]

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-09-29 10:50                   ` Romain Francoise
From: Romain Francoise @ 2008-09-29 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Miles Bader <miles.bader@necel.com> writes:

> Where does that quote come from, btw?

It's a short poem by Charles Reznikoff, and it's also the Gnus motto
according to the manual.

The dates under the poem are probably Reznikoff's birth and death,
but according to Wikipedia he was born August 31, not March 15.

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-09-29 16:25                 ` Sven Joachim
From: Sven Joachim @ 2008-09-29 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On 2008-09-28 08:06 +0200, Lloyd Zusman wrote:

>>> Same here :-)  Am quaffing in between typing!  Many thanks indeed.
>>
>> Cup received here as well.  Actually, it was here yesterday, but it was
>> too big for my mailbox so I had to pick it up at the local post office.
>>
>> "In a cloud bones of steel"
>>
>> Thanx, Lars!
>
> Mine also arrived.I really like how it looks, and it has sentimental value.

Received my mug today, and a nice long-sleeved t-shirt as well.  :-)

> Thank you, Lars!

AOL ;-)

All the best,
Sven

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-09-29 16:58                   ` Trey Sizemore
From: Trey Sizemore @ 2008-09-29 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 18:25:26 +0200
Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> wrote:

> >> Cup received here as well.  Actually, it was here yesterday, but
> >> it was too big for my mailbox so I had to pick it up at the local
> >> post office.
> >>
> >> "In a cloud bones of steel"
> >>
> >> Thanx, Lars!
> >
> > Mine also arrived.I really like how it looks, and it has
> > sentimental value.
>
> Received my mug today, and a nice long-sleeved t-shirt as well.  :-)
>
> > Thank you, Lars!
>
> AOL ;-)
>
> All the best,
> Sven

Just received my mug in the mail today.  Thanks a lot!

-Trey

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-09-29 19:27                     ` David Engster
From: David Engster @ 2008-09-29 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Trey Sizemore <trey@fastmail.fm> writes:
> On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 18:25:26 +0200
> Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> wrote:

>> > Mine also arrived.I really like how it looks, and it has
>> > sentimental value.
>>
>> Received my mug today, and a nice long-sleeved t-shirt as well.  :-)
>>
>> > Thank you, Lars!
>>
>> AOL ;-)
>>
>> All the best,
>> Sven
>
> Just received my mug in the mail today.  Thanks a lot!
>
> -Trey

My shirt arrived today - oh, you should've seen the envy! Thanks very
much, Lars!

-David

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-09-29 22:55                     ` Michael Ekstrand
                                         ` (2 more replies)
From: Michael Ekstrand @ 2008-09-29 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Mug arrived here today; thanks!

- Michael

--

@ 2008-09-30  2:03                       ` Rajappa Iyer
From: Rajappa Iyer @ 2008-09-30  2:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Michael Ekstrand <michael@elehack.net> writes:

> Mug arrived here today; thanks!

AOL

Thanks Lars.

-rsi

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-09-30  9:10                       ` Sivaram Neelakantan
From: Sivaram Neelakantan @ 2008-09-30  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Michael Ekstrand <michael@elehack.net> writes:

> Mug arrived here today; thanks!
>
> - Michael

[...]

Mine too, in India.  Thanks.  Now, to tell people what this is all
about....  :)

 sivaram

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-09-30  9:25                       ` John SJ Anderson
From: John SJ Anderson @ 2008-09-30  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

David Engster <deng@randomsample.de> writes:

[snip]

  Mug arrived here too, prompting a very confused call from the wife:
  "Did you order something from ... Norway?"

  Thanks Lars!

john.
--
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and
inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-09-30 17:33                         ` Paul R
From: Paul R @ 2008-09-30 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sivaram Neelakantan; +Cc: ding

> Mine too, in India. Thanks. Now, to tell people what this is all
> about.... :)

and mine in France ! Now I'm not sure I can find some tea that deserve
such a cup. Thanks Lars !

--
  Paul

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-09-30 18:08                           ` Seweryn Kokot
From: Seweryn Kokot @ 2008-09-30 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Paul R <paul.r.ml@gmail.com> writes:

>> Mine too, in India. Thanks. Now, to tell people what this is all
>> about.... :)
>
> and mine in France ! Now I'm not sure I can find some tea that deserve
> such a cup. Thanks Lars !

and two mugs arrived in Poland, I received them from the post 2 hours
ago and now I'm drinking some tea. My wife and I really love them!
Thanks Lars!
--
best regards,
Seweryn

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-09-30 19:19                       ` James Cloos
From: James Cloos @ 2008-09-30 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Mine arrived as well.

Much thanks!

And the Polycera quadrilineata (sea slug or Nakeslegle) NOK10 stamp
is also cool!

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos@jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-09-30 21:50                         ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2008-09-30 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> And the Polycera quadrilineata (sea slug or Nakeslegle) NOK10 stamp
> is also cool!

"nakensnegle" (literally: "naked snail") possibly...?

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-10-01  0:30               ` Steven E. Harris
From: Steven E. Harris @ 2008-10-01  0:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> The other mugs and shirts should go to the post office on Monday,
> probably.

I received mine yesterday, which prompted some storytelling to satisfy
my wife's curiosity. We went in search of the background story behind
the poem, which has stuck with me since Lars first shared that mug
design near Pterry's sunset. It's a fine, fine design, fitting for such
an amazing piece of software.

--
Steven E. Harris

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
                   ` (9 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2008-10-01  1:38 ` Dan Nicolaescu
From: Dan Nicolaescu @ 2008-10-01  1:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

  > I'm moving house (a whopping two blocks away, but mostly straight
  > upwards), so I'm sorting through stuff.  I've now reached the innermost
  > innards of the basement storage units, and what did I find there but two
  > cases of Pterodactyl Gnus mugs!  Yes!  Mugs!  And polystyrene packing
  > materials!  Yes!
  >
  > So to get rid of them, I'm giving them away.  I'll throw in postage,
  > too.  So just go to
  >
  > https://ingebrigtsen.no/shop.php

Got mine today.  Great designs!  My old tea cup just got relegated to a
lesser job.
Thanks!

        --dan

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-10-01  4:00                             ` Mike Kupfer
From: Mike Kupfer @ 2008-10-01  4:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> and two mugs arrived in Poland,

And mine showed up in California today, too.  My wife was disappointed
that it didn't actually have an image of a Pterodactyl, but she likes
the Gnus logo.  Thanks, Lars!

mike

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-10-01  7:01                           ` James Cloos
From: James Cloos @ 2008-10-01  7:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

James> And the Polycera quadrilineata (sea slug or Nakeslegle) NOK10 stamp
James> is also cool!

Steinar> "nakensnegle" (literally: "naked snail") possibly...?

Yes, I lost an 'n' when transcribing the text from the stamp.

My only excuse is that i had to use a mangifying glass to read said
text.... ;-(

-JimC
--

@ 2008-10-01 16:31                         ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2008-10-01 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

>   Mug arrived here too, prompting a very confused call from the wife:
>   "Did you order something from ... Norway?"

"Yes.  It's a Norwegian blue.   Could you please take it out of the
 package and start talking to it?  Otherwise it'll start pining for the
 fjords."

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-10-01 21:15                         ` Wes Hardaker
From: Wes Hardaker @ 2008-10-01 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John SJ Anderson; +Cc: ding

john> Mug arrived here too, prompting a very confused call from the wife:
john> "Did you order something from ... Norway?"

I got a similar comment today.  It arrived and I'm trying really really
hard to resist the urge not to give them to my friend for Christmas.
These mugs are my favorite gnus item ever made.  The silver on them is
fantastic.

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-10-01 22:14                           ` Manoj Srivastava
From: Manoj Srivastava @ 2008-10-01 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

        And I got my t-shirt here (in Tennessee, USA) today. I had been
 very proactive the last time around, and purchased 6 mugs, 4 of which
 are still packed away for posterity. But somehow, I missed out on the
 Oort T-shirt.

        manoj
--
If I had any humility I would be perfect. Ted Turner

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-10-02  9:37                             ` Michael Piotrowski
From: Michael Piotrowski @ 2008-10-02  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

I got my two mugs yesterday (Zurich, Switzerland).  One of them will be
a surprise for my (Gnus-using) girlfriend when she returns from a
conference in Berlin tonight...

Thanks a lot, Lars!

--
Michael Piotrowski, M.A.                               <mxp@dynalabs.de>
Public key at <http://www.dynalabs.de/mxp/pubkey.txt> (ID 0x1614A044)

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-10-02 18:29                               ` Ian Swainson
From: Ian Swainson @ 2008-10-02 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Wednesday 01 October 2008 at 05:00 PM, Mike Kupfer <m.kupfer@acm.org> wrote:
> And mine showed up in California today, too

My T-Shirt arrived here in Ruapuke, New Zealand yesterday. I love it!

Thank you so much Lars!

Cheers,
ian

--
Ian Swainson

fortune says:
It's a naive, domestic operating system without any breeding, but I
think you'll be amused by its presumption.

Linux: The choice of a GNU generation |  http://www.getgnulinux.org

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-10-02 19:08         ` Austin Frank
                           ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Austin Frank @ 2008-10-02 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

At first I wasn't going to "me too", but since all the cool kids are
doing it:

Mugs arrived in NY.  Thanks so much!  Five star, A++, would buy again ;)

/au

--
Austin Frank
http://aufrank.net

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 193 bytes --]

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
                           ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2008-10-02 20:12         ` Christoph Conrad
                           ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Christoph Conrad @ 2008-10-02 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi Lars,

> Go ahead and grab them before they're gone.

A co-worker informed me that my mug arrived in Aachen, Germany. I am
currently in vacation, and curious how it looks.

Thank you, Lars!

Kind regards,
Christoph

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-10-03  6:49     ` Jon Øyvind Kvebæk
From: Jon Øyvind Kvebæk @ 2008-10-03  6:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
>
>> Thanks for finding old cool swag.  Will there be a new series one of
>> these days?
>
> Probably not soon, but I'd like to do some No Gnus stuff at some
> point...

That would be lovely. My old Gnus cup was stolen at work (I am sure of
it!) a few years ago, and I didn't notice the Gnus-free-for-all until it
was too late :)

--
Jon Ø. Kvebæk, Operations Manager
Schibsted Søk AS / sesam.no

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-10-04 13:28                         ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2008-10-04 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com> writes:

Hi!

>> Mug arrived here today; thanks!
>
> Mine too, in India.  Thanks.  Now, to tell people what this is all
> about....  :)

Grr!  Today I received a letter from the German customs duty, that a
package from "Norwegem" waits to be picked up at their office about 50
kilometers from the village I live.  The custom office couldn't handle
it because there was no informations about what's in it and how much I
did have to pay for it.  I need a voucher for that, they write!  Should
I print them Lars' It's-All-Free posting?

So Lars, next time you send something to Germany, please write something
like

    "These package contains some worn pants for my internet affair."

and don't forget some lipstick kisses and tons of parfum on it.

Thanks a lot, anyway!
Tassilo

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-10-04 13:45                           ` Andreas Jaeger
From: Andreas Jaeger @ 2008-10-04 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tassilo Horn; +Cc: ding

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 3:28 PM, Tassilo Horn <tassilo@member.fsf.org> wrote:
> [...]
> Grr!  Today I received a letter from the German customs duty, that a
> package from "Norwegem" waits to be picked up at their office about 50
> kilometers from the village I live.  The custom office couldn't handle
> it because there was no informations about what's in it and how much I
> did have to pay for it.  I need a voucher for that, they write!  Should
> I print them Lars' It's-All-Free posting?

Just collected it this morning from the post office  - and no problems
for me living in Germany as well.  Lars attached a customs declaration
and the officers accepted it.

Thanks Lars - I feel like it's Christmas ;)

Andreas
--
Andreas Jaeger
 jaegerandi@googlemail.com

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-10-05 16:07                             ` Sebastian Krause
From: Sebastian Krause @ 2008-10-05 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

"Andreas Jaeger" <jaegerandi@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Just collected it this morning from the post office - and no
> problems for me living in Germany as well.  Lars attached a
> customs declaration and the officers accepted it.

Here as well, the customs declaration was filled out correctly and
the package was delivered straight to my place in Germany.

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-10-05 18:05                               ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2008-10-05 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Sebastian Krause <sebastian@realpath.org> writes:

> "Andreas Jaeger" <jaegerandi@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Just collected it this morning from the post office - and no problems
>> for me living in Germany as well.  Lars attached a customs
>> declaration and the officers accepted it.
>
> Here as well, the customs declaration was filled out correctly and the
> package was delivered straight to my place in Germany.

I hope that I find some time to pick it up tomorrow.  I'll report back
what has gone wrong in my case...

The good thing is that I have had more time for pleasant anticipation
than all of you. ;-)

Bye,
Tassilo
--
RMS has a  working version of Hurd, he just think  the world isn't ready
for that much freedom.

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
                   ` (10 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2008-10-05 22:03 ` Seb
From: Seb @ 2008-10-05 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 16:37:49 +0200,
Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:

> I'm moving house (a whopping two blocks away, but mostly straight
> upwards), so I'm sorting through stuff.  I've now reached the
> innermost innards of the basement storage units, and what did I find
> there but two cases of Pterodactyl Gnus mugs!  Yes!  Mugs!  And
> polystyrene packing materials!  Yes!

> So to get rid of them, I'm giving them away.  I'll throw in postage,
> too.  So just go to

> https://ingebrigtsen.no/shop.php

> and fill in your name and address, and I'll ship them your way with my
> usual, dependable dispatch.  Which means that it's not entirely
> unlikely that you'll get them sometime before Xmas.  Not entirely.

I got my Pterodactyl mug today (Canada).  I'll be showing it off to my
colleagues for a long time!  Thanks so much Lars.  Hope you're nicely
set up in your new home by now.

--
Seb

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-10-06 22:07   ` Dan Poirier
From: Dan Poirier @ 2008-10-06 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I got my mug.  Very nice, thank you.

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-10-07  7:18                                 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2008-10-07  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> I hope that I find some time to pick it up tomorrow.  I'll report back
> what has gone wrong in my case...

Ok, this morning I picked it up and it's really beautiful!  Thanks a
lot, Lars!

They held it back, because they didn't believe that someone in Norway
sends something ("Mug, what's a mug?!?") for free.  It shurely had to be
drugs or stolen goods!

Bye,
Tassilo
--
When Richard Stallman makes a sudo command, he loses permissions.

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-10-07 11:51                                   ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2008-10-07 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> They held it back, because they didn't believe that someone in Norway
> sends something ("Mug, what's a mug?!?") for free.  It shurely had to
> be drugs or stolen goods!

Smuggled salmon.  Or perhaps: stolen, smuggled salmon

Did you get your salmon fix, today?

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-10-07 13:10                                     ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2008-10-07 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:

Hi Steinar,

>> They held it back, because they didn't believe that someone in Norway
>> sends something ("Mug, what's a mug?!?") for free.  It shurely had to
>> be drugs or stolen goods!
>
> Smuggled salmon.  Or perhaps: stolen, smuggled salmon

Most probably stolen, smuggled salmon, filled with drugs!

> Did you get your salmon fix, today?

Yep.

Bye,
Tassilo

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-10-07 15:21                                       ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2008-10-07 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 15:10:19 +0200 Tassilo Horn <tassilo@member.fsf.org> wrote:

TH> Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:
TH> Hi Steinar,

>>> They held it back, because they didn't believe that someone in Norway
>>> sends something ("Mug, what's a mug?!?") for free.  It shurely had to
>>> be drugs or stolen goods!
>>
>> Smuggled salmon.  Or perhaps: stolen, smuggled salmon

TH> Most probably stolen, smuggled salmon, filled with drugs!

That would be a great name for the next Gnus.  It rolls right off the tongue.

Ted

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-10-07 16:13                                         ` Didier Verna
From: Didier Verna @ 2008-10-07 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ted Zlatanov; +Cc: ding

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> wrote:

> That would be a great name for the next Gnus. It rolls right off the
> tongue.

  Except that the next release name should begin with an M ;-)

--

@ 2008-10-07 17:10                                           ` Ted Stern
From: Ted Stern @ 2008-10-07 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On 07 Oct 2008 09:13:12 -0700, Didier Verna wrote:

> Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> wrote:
>
>> That would be a great name for the next Gnus. It rolls right off the
>> tongue.
>
>   Except that the next release name should begin with an M ;-)

How about another fish?  E.g., Mackerel.

/Mackerel sky, Mackerel sky; never long wet, never long dry./

Mackerel-striped clouds indicate shear layers with fast winds aloft,
signifying a change in the weather coming in.

Ted
--
 Frango ut patefaciam -- I break so that I may reveal

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-10-07 19:40                                             ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2008-10-07 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 10:10:08 -0700 Ted Stern <dodecatheon@gmail.com> wrote:

TS> On 07 Oct 2008 09:13:12 -0700, Didier Verna wrote:
>>
>> Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> wrote:
>>
>>> That would be a great name for the next Gnus. It rolls right off the
>>> tongue.
>>
>> Except that the next release name should begin with an M ;-)

TS> How about another fish?  E.g., Mackerel.

TS> /Mackerel sky, Mackerel sky; never long wet, never long dry./

TS> Mackerel-striped clouds indicate shear layers with fast winds aloft,
TS> signifying a change in the weather coming in.

Gnus Monkfish!

Ted

* The Next Gnus Name (was: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread)
@ 2008-10-07 20:26                                               ` Didier Verna
From: Didier Verna @ 2008-10-07 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ted Zlatanov; +Cc: ding

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 10:10:08 -0700 Ted Stern <dodecatheon@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Except that the next release name should begin with an M ;-)
>
> TS> How about another fish?  E.g., Mackerel.
>
> TS> /Mackerel sky, Mackerel sky; never long wet, never long dry./
>
> TS> Mackerel-striped clouds indicate shear layers with fast winds aloft,
> TS> signifying a change in the weather coming in.
>
> Gnus Monkfish!

  So I threw an eye into my English dictionary, in order to find an
unpronounceable or otherwise weird M-name and I fell on MACRS on page
one (Modified Accelerated Cost Recovery System) !!

Then I went on and found some funny ones like Myriapod Gnus and
Myxomatosis Gnus. What a mouthful. Hmmm, Mouthful Gnus ?

Otherwise, since we come from No Gnus, we can just go to Many Gnus ;-)

--
Resistance is futile. You will be jazzimilated.

Scientific site:   http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~didier
Music (Jazz) site: http://www.didierverna.com

EPITA/LRDE, 14-16 rue Voltaire, 94276 Le Kremlin-Bicêtre, France
Tel. +33 (0)1 44 08 01 85       Fax. +33 (0)1 53 14 59 22

* Re: The Next Gnus Name
@ 2008-10-07 21:20                                                 ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2008-10-07 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Then I went on and found some funny ones like Myriapod Gnus and
> Myxomatosis Gnus. What a mouthful. Hmmm, Mouthful Gnus ?

> Otherwise, since we come from No Gnus, we can just go to Many Gnus ;-)

Mu Gnus.

(from Douglas Hofstadter and hist "Gödel, Escher, Bach, an eternal
golden braid")

* Re: The Next Gnus Name
@ 2008-10-07 23:32                                                 ` Wes Hardaker
From: Wes Hardaker @ 2008-10-07 23:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ted Zlatanov; +Cc: ding

dvl> Otherwise, since we come from No Gnus, we can just go to Many Gnus ;-)

Or:

Multiplicty Gnus   (I wonder if that's trademarked because of the movie)
Multiplying Gnus

But really, this is probably more important:

Monstrocity Gnus

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
                           ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2008-10-08 17:30         ` Vin Shelton
From: Vin Shelton @ 2008-10-08 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 11:31 AM, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
<larsi@gnus.org> wrote:
> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:
>
>> Actually, they've probably been over-ordered, since it turns
>> out that one of the cases of mugs wasn't quite full, so some of you
>> might miss out, anyway.
>
> I spent last evening packing

Lars,

Thank you very much!  My mugs arrived a couple of days ago!

Regards,
  Vin

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-10-08 20:44           ` Didier Verna
From: Didier Verna @ 2008-10-08 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Vin Shelton wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 11:31 AM, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
> <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:
>> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:
>>
>>> Actually, they've probably been over-ordered, since it turns
>>> out that one of the cases of mugs wasn't quite full, so some of you
>>> might miss out, anyway.
>>
>> I spent last evening packing
>
> Lars,
>
> Thank you very much!  My mugs arrived a couple of days ago!

  Got mine today. Thanks a lot!

--

@ 2008-10-09 20:03             ` Greg Stark
From: Greg Stark @ 2008-10-09 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Didier Verna; +Cc: ding

I must have been an early shipment because I got mine a while ago. Thanks!

Are you finished moving and ready to clutter the new place yet? What size
shirt do you wear I'll send a Postgres shirt :)

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-10-10  6:20               ` Martin Dahl
From: Martin Dahl @ 2008-10-10  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Stark; +Cc: Didier Verna, ding

Picked mine up in Sweden yesterday -- terrific design :) Thank you Lars!

--
Martin Dahl <martin.dahl@gmail.com>                              GPG: 5BB4F31B

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-10-10 22:07                 ` Bill White
From: Bill White @ 2008-10-10 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I'm very late in replying - mine arrived a week or more ago here in the
vast prairie of central North America (as I wrote when my first mug
arrived, late in the last millenium).  It brought back some good
memories of first learning gnus way back then, and the kids were excited
to find a package from Norway in the mail!

Cheers -

bw
--
Bill White . billw@wolfram.com . http://members.wolfram.com/billw
"No ma'am, we're musicians."

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-10-10 22:54                   ` Malcolm Purvis
From: Malcolm Purvis @ 2008-10-10 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Here in Australia I've just returned from holidays and found my mug
waiting for me.  Thanks!

Malcolm

--
		     Malcolm Purvis <malcolmp@xemacs.org>

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
                   ` (11 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2008-10-13  7:16 ` Martin Fischer
From: Martin Fischer @ 2008-10-13  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Thanks a lot.

It's even dishwasher proof.

Martin
---
parozusa at web dot de
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odenwald

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
                           ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2008-10-16  2:47         ` Jason Riedy
From: Jason Riedy @ 2008-10-16  2:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

And Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen writes:
> I love the mail order business.  No, really.

To pile on, thank you for letting me cope with my email load
*and* for setting up eyesore *AND* for the mug *AND* for the
nifty stamp and package from Norway!
  http://flickr.com/photos/jason-riedy/2945348873

Jason

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-10-16 12:55               ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2008-10-16 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

"Greg Stark" <stark@mit.edu> writes:

> Are you finished moving and ready to clutter the new place yet?

Nope.  Getting ready to put my flat on the market next week, so I'm
tidying like craaaaazy.

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
@ 2008-10-17 14:49           ` Emilio Jesús Gallego Arias
From: Emilio Jesús Gallego Arias @ 2008-10-17 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen writes:
>> I love the mail order business.  No, really.

I got mine today. Thanks a million Lars!

* Re: The "Help Lars Tidy" thread
                           ` (5 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2008-10-21 11:57         ` Rémi Letot
From: Rémi Letot @ 2008-10-21 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:
>
>> Actually, they've probably been over-ordered, since it turns
>> out that one of the cases of mugs wasn't quite full, so some of you
>> might miss out, anyway.
>
> I spent last evening packing (and watching Stargate Atlantis), and it

Argh, it seems mine was lost by the Belgian post. By the time I found
the office where it was supposed to be waiting, it was already on its
way back to Norway :-(

Thanks anyway,
--
Rémi