* using nnml instead of nnfolder for archiving sent mail
@ 2007-04-28 20:12 Dan Nicolaescu
From: Dan Nicolaescu @ 2007-04-28 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

I am considering switching to use nnml instead of the default nnfolder
for archiving sent mail. The nnfolder archive becomes very slow after
sending a few big attachments. (I use one nnfolder per month, but even
that way it's possible to have quite big archive files).

Unfortunately I could not find any documentation for doing this.

Just setting gnus-message-archive-method to nnml seems to work, but
the nnml groups are created in ~/Mail instead of ~/Mail/archive and
gnus-server-alist has settings that refer to nnfolder instead of nnml:
  (nnfolder-directory "~/Mail/archive")
  (nnfolder-active-file "~/Mail/archive/active")
  (nnfolder-get-new-mail nil)
  (nnfolder-inhibit-expiry t)

Am I missing something here?

I have several years worth of sent mail that I can migrate to nnml by
hand.

Thanks!

        --dan