* 2  oddities in current cvs
@ 2007-03-12 19:18 gdt
From: gdt @ 2007-03-12 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I cvs updated this morning and am having two oddities; both have been
present for several weeks.

My system is NetBSD/i386 along the netbsd-3 branch (3.1, more or
less), with (fsf) emacs 21.4.  mail is postfix and dovecot, and seems
to otherwise work fine.

1) When starting a new message, either with ^X m or f from an article,
   I get

gnus-message-citation-mode: Symbol's function definition is void: font-lock-set-defaults

Then, things seem normal.  I thought I had font-lock mode on by
default but on searching can't find any evidence of that, and visiting
a file doesn't enable it.

Something changed recently, and that matches my memory of trouble
 starting:

revision 7.31
date: 2007/02/13 12:45:35;  author: yamaoka;  state: Exp;  lines: +31 -66
(gnus-test-font-lock-add-keywords, gnus-message-add-citation-keywords)
(gnus-message-remove-citation-keywords): Remove.
(gnus-message-citation-mode): Instead of modifying font-lock-keywords directly,
 make the variables in font-lock-defaults buffer-local, add
 gnus-message-citation-keywords to them and then update the value of
 font-lock-keywords.

2) Sometimes I get new mail, and gnus doesn't see it.  Mail shows up
   in IMAP's INBOX, and mail watching programs, tbird, etc. all see
   it.  I'm in the *Group* buffer, and type g, and gnus reports no
   mail.  If I select inbox, and exit it, and then type g, the new
   mail is shown to be present.  Sometimes this works fine, though.

   Is anyone else seeing this?  It feels like even odds for gnus vs
   dovecot.

* Re: 2 oddities in current cvs
@ 2007-03-13  2:56 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2007-03-13  2:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdt; +Cc: ding

> I cvs updated this morning and am having two oddities; both have been
> present for several weeks.

> My system is NetBSD/i386 along the netbsd-3 branch (3.1, more or
> less), with (fsf) emacs 21.4.  mail is postfix and dovecot, and seems
> to otherwise work fine.

> 1) When starting a new message, either with ^X m or f from an article,
>    I get

> gnus-message-citation-mode: Symbol's function definition is void: font-lock-set-defaults

Thank you for the report.  I realized it happens if font-lock
has not been loaded in advance.  Even with XEmacs, fontification
is not done at the first time.  I've fixed it in the trunk.

[...]

> 2) Sometimes I get new mail, and gnus doesn't see it.  Mail shows up
>    in IMAP's INBOX, and mail watching programs, tbird, etc. all see
>    it.  I'm in the *Group* buffer, and type g, and gnus reports no
>    mail.  If I select inbox, and exit it, and then type g, the new
>    mail is shown to be present.  Sometimes this works fine, though.

>    Is anyone else seeing this?  It feels like even odds for gnus vs
>    dovecot.

I don't know how it can be solved.  Sorry.

* Re: 2  oddities in current cvs
@ 2007-03-13  7:28 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2007-03-13  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdt; +Cc: ding

gdt@work.lexort.com writes:

> 2) Sometimes I get new mail, and gnus doesn't see it.  Mail shows up
>    in IMAP's INBOX, and mail watching programs, tbird, etc. all see
>    it.  I'm in the *Group* buffer, and type g, and gnus reports no
>    mail.  If I select inbox, and exit it, and then type g, the new
>    mail is shown to be present.  Sometimes this works fine, though.
>
>    Is anyone else seeing this?  It feels like even odds for gnus vs
>    dovecot.

Do (setq nnimap-need-unselect-to-notice-new-mail t) help?