* draft folder disappeared
@ 2007-03-08 10:56 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2007-03-08 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello

It seems that suddenly my draft folder disappeared.
That also happened once to my nnml+archive:archive folder, but this I
could recover, using  gnus-group-enter-server-mode.
But it seems that I can't find my draft folder.

I could delete my .newsrc.eld file and restart but then I have to
generate all  my topics again.

Is there any simpler solution?

Thanks

Uwe Brauer

* Re: draft folder disappeared
@ 2007-03-09 11:40 ` James Cloos
From: James Cloos @ 2007-03-09 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Brauer; +Cc: ding

Uwe> I could delete my .newsrc.eld file and restart but then I have to
Uwe> generate all  my topics again.

I once fixed that by moving my .newsrc.eld out of the way, generating
a new one, and reading it to see what the draft entry should look
like....

You may want to try adding this to the gnus-newsrc-alist setq (be sure
to backup the .eld file first, just in case!):  (put it after the 1st
open-parenthesis)

("nndraft:drafts" 1 nil nil (nndraft "") ((gnus-dummy (gnus-draft-mode))))
("nndraft:queue"  1 nil nil (nndraft "") ((gnus-dummy (gnus-draft-mode))))

You may only need the 1st, if your queue folder still exists.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos@jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6

* Re: draft folder disappeared
@ 2007-03-09 12:21 ` Dave Goldberg
From: Dave Goldberg @ 2007-03-09 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Does it help to run (gnus-start-draft-setup)?  I just found that
quickly with apropos.  Note it's not a command so you'll need to use
eval-expression or similar.
--
Dave Goldberg
david.goldberg6@verizon.net

* Re: draft folder disappeared
@ 2007-03-09 15:51   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2007-03-09 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

   > Does it help to run (gnus-start-draft-setup)?  I just found that
   > quickly with apropos.  Note it's not a command so you'll need to use
   > eval-expression or similar.

No it seems not the value of that function is nil. I thought of
putting it into some hook but I am not sure in which.

Uwe

* Re: draft folder disappeared
@ 2007-03-09 15:52   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2007-03-09 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

   Uwe> I could delete my .newsrc.eld file and restart but then I have to
   Uwe> generate all  my topics again.

   > I once fixed that by moving my .newsrc.eld out of the way, generating
   > a new one, and reading it to see what the draft entry should look
   > like....

   > You may want to try adding this to the gnus-newsrc-alist setq (be sure
   > to backup the .eld file first, just in case!):  (put it after the 1st
   > open-parenthesis)

   > ("nndraft:drafts" 1 nil nil (nndraft "") ((gnus-dummy (gnus-draft-mode))))
   > ("nndraft:queue"  1 nil nil (nndraft "") ((gnus-dummy (gnus-draft-mode))))

Thanks hm, the gnus-dummy surprises me but may be that is the trick.

Uwe