* Network issues
@ 2006-03-22  0:28 Bill Wohler
From: Bill Wohler @ 2006-03-22  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

If I'm happily browsing my newsgroups, and then carry my laptop
elsewhere and bring up a new network, my NNTP and RSS servers are no
longer available and Gnus asks if I want to go off-line. I've tried
going into the server buffer and closing and reopening the servers to no
avail. If I restart Emacs, or bring the laptop back to the original
network, then all is well.

It seems that Emacs is caching its network address and thereby confusing
itself. Any thoughts on how I can get Emacs to stop doing that, or to
reset its idea of the network short of restarting Emacs?

Gnus 5.11 on CVS Emacs.