* Re: how to exclude deleted articles in the summary buffer
@ 2005-08-08 15:13 ` David S. Goldberg
From: David S. Goldberg @ 2005-08-08 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

/ M G

works for me.
--
Dave Goldberg
david.goldberg6@verizon.net

* how to exclude deleted articles in the summary buffer
@ 2005-08-08 16:02 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2005-08-08 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello

I searched  the manual but could not  find out how to exclude messages
in the summary buffer I already deleted.

That is I enter a group (say with the nnimap backend). I delete some
messages. These are now sort of marked with the letter g. Now I
don't want to see them in my summary buffer. Of course I could leave
that group and reenter and indeed they are gone.

But is there any more direct way in order to no exclude these
messages? I thought the `limit'  function might be a candidate. But
there seems to be no gnus-summary-limit-exclude-deleted-articles.

Thanks

Uwe Brauer

* Re: how to exclude deleted articles in the summary buffer
@ 2005-08-08 17:34   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2005-08-08 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

   David> / M G
   David> works for me.

Thanks, that works. I wonder where that information is hidden in the
docs?

* Re: how to exclude deleted articles in the summary buffer
@ 2005-08-08 17:47     ` David S. Goldberg
                         ` (2 more replies)
From: David S. Goldberg @ 2005-08-08 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

At least in No Gnus, it's in the section called Limiting.
--

@ 2005-08-08 18:03       ` J. David Boyd
From: J. David Boyd @ 2005-08-08 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

david.goldberg6@verizon.net (David S. Goldberg) writes:

> At least in No Gnus, it's in the section called Limiting.

I've look around, and googled, but I must be doing something wrong, as I can't
find anything definitive about No Gnus.

What is it, where does it come from, and how/why is it different from Gnus?

TIA,

Dave in Largo, FL

* Re: how to exclude deleted articles in the summary buffer
@ 2005-08-08 18:20         ` David S. Goldberg
From: David S. Goldberg @ 2005-08-08 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

> david.goldberg6@verizon.net (David S. Goldberg) writes:
>> At least in No Gnus, it's in the section called Limiting.

> I've look around, and googled, but I must be doing something wrong,
> as I can't find anything definitive about No Gnus.

> What is it, where does it come from, and how/why is it different
> from Gnus?

It's the (for lack of a better term) code name for the current
development version of Gnus.  My reason for naming it is that I have
no idea if it's properly documented in the current production
version.

--

@ 2005-08-08 18:22           ` J. David Boyd
From: J. David Boyd @ 2005-08-08 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> david.goldberg6@verizon.net (David S. Goldberg) writes:
>>> At least in No Gnus, it's in the section called Limiting.
>

>> I've look around, and googled, but I must be doing something wrong,
>> as I can't find anything definitive about No Gnus.
>
>> What is it, where does it come from, and how/why is it different
>> from Gnus?
>
> It's the (for lack of a better term) code name for the current
> development version of Gnus.  My reason for naming it is that I have
> no idea if it's properly documented in the current production
> version.

So when it moves over and gets released as a stable version, it then becomes
GNUS?  Okay, that makes sense to me.

Thanks for the info.

Dave in Largo, FL

* Re: how to exclude deleted articles in the summary buffer
@ 2005-08-08 20:56       ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2005-08-08 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

   David> At least in No Gnus, it's in the section called Limiting.

Oops no, I just checked the nognus 0.3 version
there is no reference to
/ M G
there is reference to
/ M

But how do I know that I have to use `G'?

Uwe

* Re: how to exclude deleted articles in the summary buffer
@ 2005-08-08 20:58       ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2005-08-08 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just wrote nonsense pls ignore my last reply

Uwe

* Re: how to exclude deleted articles in the summary buffer
@ 2005-08-08 21:58             ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2005-08-08 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 14:22:49 -0400, J. wrote:

> So when it moves over and gets released as a stable version, it then
> becomes GNUS? Okay, that makes sense to me.

Almost. It becomes Gnus. GNUS is very old.

  Best regards,

--
 "Halleluja og hurlumhej"                                     Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk