* ham always being treated as spam (not true)
@ 2004-06-30 19:17 Marcelo Toledo
From: Marcelo Toledo @ 2004-06-30 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

I recieved a few ham and for some reason it was treated as spam and went
to spam group, I entered the group marked as read and it goes to
reclassify group, and here are the messages:

marcelo@kali:~/Mail/reclassify$ for i in *; do bogofilter -t < $i; done
N 0.000000
N 0.000000
N 0.000000
N 0.000000
N 0.000000
N 0.000000
N 0.000000
N 0.000000
N 0.000000
N 0.000000
N 0.000000
N 0.000000
N 0.000000
N 0.000000
N 0.000000
N 0.000000
N 0.000000
N 0.000000
N 0.000000
N 0.000000
N 0.000000
N 0.000000

bogofilter says none of the messages are spam, then I enter the
reclassify group and in the summary buffer I hit C-u 22 B r to respool
everything, some times when a new ham appears it goes alright, but
normaly it goes back to spam again. What else besides bogofilter might
be interfering the decision to *be* a spam when bogofilter says it's
not?

thanks,
--
Marcelo Toledo
marcelo@marcelotoledo.org

* Re: ham always being treated as spam (not true)
@ 2004-07-01  8:30 ` Jonas Steverud
From: Jonas Steverud @ 2004-07-01  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marcelo Toledo <marcelo@marcelotoledo.org> writes:

[...]
>  What else besides bogofilter might be interfering the decision to
> *be* a spam when bogofilter says it's not?

The registry? Are you using any of the xxx-split-fancy-with-parent?

--
(        http://hem.bredband.net/steverud/        !     Wei Wu Wei     )
(        Meaning of U2 Lyrics, Roleplaying        !  To Do Without Do  )

* Re: ham always being treated as spam (not true)
@ 2004-07-01 16:15   ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2004-07-01 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004, tvrud@bredband.net wrote:

> Marcelo Toledo <marcelo@marcelotoledo.org> writes:
>
> [...]
>>  What else besides bogofilter might be interfering the decision to
>> *be* a spam when bogofilter says it's not?
>
> The registry? Are you using any of the xxx-split-fancy-with-parent?

What Jonas said, plus do you have any other spam-use-* checks enabled?

Ted

* Re: ham always being treated as spam (not true)
@ 2004-07-05 13:25     ` Marcelo Toledo
From: Marcelo Toledo @ 2004-07-05 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

"Ted Zlatanov" <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> On Thu, 01 Jul 2004, tvrud@bredband.net wrote:
>
>> Marcelo Toledo <marcelo@marcelotoledo.org> writes:
>>
>> [...]
>>>  What else besides bogofilter might be interfering the decision to
>>> *be* a spam when bogofilter says it's not?
>>
>> The registry? Are you using any of the xxx-split-fancy-with-parent?

No I dont, see my config below:

> What Jonas said, plus do you have any other spam-use-* checks enabled?

Only spam-use-bogofilter and spam-use-bbdb.

here is my entire spam configuration:

(require 'spam)
(spam-initialize)

;; Prevent multiple registration of articles.
(require 'gnus-registry)
(gnus-registry-initialize)
(setq spam-log-to-registry t)

;; Use bogofilter for spam processing.
(setq spam-use-bogofilter t)

;; Put incoming spam in "spam".
(setq spam-split-group "spam")

;; Set spam and ham groups.
(setq spam-junk-mailgroups nil)
(setq gnus-spam-newsgroup-contents
      '(("^nnml:spam" gnus-group-spam-classification-spam)
        ("^nnml:.*" gnus-group-spam-classification-ham)))

;; Train the filter.
(setq spam-process-ham-in-spam-groups t)

;; Move processed spam.
(setq spam-move-spam-nonspam-groups-only t)
(setq spam-mark-only-unseen-as-spam t)
(setq gnus-spam-process-destinations
      '(("^nnml:.*" "nnml:spam")))

;; Move processed ham.
(setq spam-mark-ham-unread-before-move-from-spam-group t)
(setq gnus-ham-process-destinations
      '(("nnml:spam" "nnml:reclassify")))

;; whitelist bbdb
(setq spam-use-bbdb t)

;; split
(setq nnmail-split-methods 'nnmail-split-fancy)
(setq nnmail-crosspost nil)

thanks a lot,
--

@ 2004-07-08 10:55       ` Marcelo Toledo
From: Marcelo Toledo @ 2004-07-08 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marcelo Toledo <marcelo@marcelotoledo.org> writes:

>>> The registry? Are you using any of the xxx-split-fancy-with-parent?
>
> No I dont, see my config below:
>
>> What Jonas said, plus do you have any other spam-use-* checks enabled?
>
> Only spam-use-bogofilter and spam-use-bbdb.
>
> here is my entire spam configuration:

I've played with registry to see if it could be messing this up, but no
deal, I still can't figure out what is telling gnus that a few mails are
spam since bogofilter tells me they are not.
--

@ 2004-07-16 16:57         ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2004-07-16 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004, marcelo@marcelotoledo.org wrote:

>> No I dont, see my config below:
>>
>>> What Jonas said, plus do you have any other spam-use-* checks enabled?
>>
>> Only spam-use-bogofilter and spam-use-bbdb.
>>
>> here is my entire spam configuration:
>
> I've played with registry to see if it could be messing this up, but no
> deal, I still can't figure out what is telling gnus that a few mails are
> spam since bogofilter tells me they are not.

You mean you did

(setq spam-log-to-registry nil)

to disable the registry interaction code in spam.el?  That seems the
most likely culprit right now.  If you still get the errors, respond
privately and we'll try to debug it.

Ted