At 2004-01-06T21:33:18Z, Kai Grossjohann writes: > Kirk Strauser writes: > >> My "test" group was originally named "Mailing lists/Zope", but I thought >> that the "/" might be causing the problem, so I created the new "zope.user" >> group and moved all of the "Mailing lists/Zope" messages into it. > Hm. It could be the space that's causing trouble, actually. Does the > new group have a space in it? No. I created it from Gnus, and it's whole "specification" is "nnimap+lan:zope.user". > Are you sure the new group is named zope.user and not INBOX.zope.user? Yes. > What does RET on the server in the server buffer say about it? It lists all of the expected groups on the server, including "zope.user". > Maybe you don't have permissions on the group? G l tells you about it. Response: gnus-group-nnimap-edit-acl: Server does not support ACL's I have a lot of strangely-named groups because this mailbox was first accessed with Outlook, then KMail, then Evolution, then Thunderbird, then Gnus (I *always* come back - I don't know why I even bother to look around :) ). However, the two groups in question are "INBOX" and "zope.user"; no spaces, slashes, or any other strange characters. I tried renaming the recipient folder to just "zope" with no perceived difference in behavior. Furthermore, although I can't use 'B r' to respool, I *can* use 'B m' to move mail into the folder: Moving to nnimap+lan:zope: (1508)... Expiring articles in nnimap+lan:INBOX gnus-agent-expire: Loading overview... Done gnus-agent-expire: Sorting entries... Done gnus-agent-expire: Merging entries... Done gnus-agent-expire: nnimap+lan:INBOX:1508: Removed read article number from article alist, NOV entry removed Expiry recovered 1 NOV entries, deleted 0 files, and freed 371.000000 B. nnimap: Setting marks in zope...done nnimap: Updating info for nnimap+lan:zope...done Auto-saving...done -- Kirk Strauser