Jochen Küpper writes: > Just updated to cvs HEAD. Now pgg passphrase caching doesn't work any > more:( Used to work with OGnus-0.18. [1] (Using Emacs-21.2.1 on Cygwin). Does this happen on signing only, i.e. if you have entered your passphrase to sign a mail, and on subsequent signings the cache turns out not to work, or is decryption envolved too? The first case, passphrase caching for subsequent signings, works for me. > [1] I have tested it with cvs o0-18 (works) and o0-19 (doesn't work). If it is passphrase caching for (mainly) decryption, that does not work, did you verify this on the same message? There still is the behaviour described in Message "pgg-decrypt-region: wrong key-ID displayed" <87he9ww7pt.fsf@iridium.renata.de>, news.gnus.org:gnus.gnus-bug that has a side-effect on decrypting mails, which have the sender's key ID -- not the receipient's -- in the first PGP packet: In this case pgg-decrypt-region will ask the passphrase cache (that already contains the passphrase with my secret key ID) for the wrong (the sender's) key ID. -- Michael