I recently changed news servers. Set $NNTPSERVER to the new server, started up emacs/gnus, did 'b', then got used to the new article counts. I subscribed to some newsgroups that were only on the new news server, by doing 'B RET nntp RET (etc.)', then toggling subscription on the ones I want and quitting out of the browse session. However, sometimes when I get new news/mail with '3 g' or just 'g', I get this backtrace. Quitting it and trying again will allow me to proceed without a failure. Signaling: (error "Selecting deleted buffer") nntp-retrieve-groups(...) gnus-retrieve-groups(...) gnus-read-active-file-2(...) gnus-get-unread-articles(3) gnus-group-get-new-news(3) call-interactively(gnus-group-get-new-news) I'm running Gnus 5.8.7, emacs 20.7.2 on debian linux. I have a moderately tweaked .gnus. I've attached a neutralized copy of it. What's up? morgan