* orphan scoring broken?
@ 1999-10-06 21:05 Dan Christensen
From: Dan Christensen @ 1999-10-06 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is orphan scoring working properly for anyone else?  I have (orphan
-1) in a score file, and am finding that lots of follow-ups are
getting scored down by -1, even when all of their ancestors are in the
summary buffer.  I've noticed that children whose summary lines
contain < > instead of [ ] (I guess these are adopted children) don't
have this problem.  I'm using pgnus 0.97.1.  I don't think this was
happening in previous versions, although I may just not have noticed.

For example, it happens for the following two articles, when the
score file for the group contains just:  ((orphan -1))

-----------
 From jdc@chow.mat.jhu.edu Wed Oct 06 16:29:27 1999
To: jdc@scratchy
Subject: Re: test of orphan scoring