* Using gnus-list-identifiers
@ 1999-09-15 23:58 Rene H. Larsen
From: Rene H. Larsen @ 1999-09-15 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm subscribed to a few mailing lists which use a list identifier in
the subject header (e.g. "[Masq]") and I'd like Gnus to hide it for
me.  I discovered the gnus-list-identifiers while browsing through the
Gnus customization and it was just what I was looking for, or so I
thought.

The problem is that this identifier hiding only works if I set
gnus-list-identifiers globally.  What I'd like to do is to set it as a
group-local variable so that it is only applied to those lists that
actually use identifiers.  I checked with C-h v that the variable is
set correctly in the summary buffer but it is ignored in both the
summary display and by the corresponding article treatment function.

This makes list identifier hiding *a lot* less useful than it could
be.  I don't like having some catch-all regexp applied to the subject
of all the articles that I read.  Instead, I'd like to be able to
specify exactly the right regexp on just the groups that need it.

Any suggestions?
--
#!/usr/bin/perl -w
for(0..12){$b[$_]="|".($_==6?"-":" ")x78}for(0..78){substr($b[-