Here is my original problem: > When I create a new group by copying a message into it, I can't > select that group unless I do M-g (gnus-group-get-new-news-this-group). > I use B c - gnus-summary-copy-article, and enter the name of a group > that does not exist. When prompted, I confirm that I want to create > it. > gnus-read-move-group-name creates the group, and activates it. Of > course, it is empty, and this is what (gnus-active ) will > report from now on. > When I subscribe the group in the Group buffer, and try to select it, the > active info is never updated. So gnus believes that it is still empty, > and refuses to enter it. "Can't select group". I considered a few other solutions 1. Don't activate group when creating it. 2. Refresh active info of newly created groups in gnus-summary-move-article 3. Refresh active info when changing group level or selecting an ephemeral group. 2 seems to be most consistent with the current design - not that I understand it well. Here is a patch. Is it OK? It makes a separate list of copy destinations which do not have info, and updates their active info. Jon