From: Stephen Berman <stephen.berman@gmx.net>
To: Eric Abrahamsen <eric@ericabrahamsen.net>
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Recent change on Emacs master: aggressive word-wrap of header lines in article display
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 00:21:07 +0100	[thread overview]

On Sat, 11 Dec 2021 12:40:03 -0800 Eric Abrahamsen <eric@ericabrahamsen.net> wrote:

> I realized I mostly don't like the variable pitch because it seems to
> display about 20% larger than the fixed-width fonts, which looks
> terrible (I've seen people complain about this elsewhere, can't remember
> what the issue was).

Are you referring to the change in the Gnus header faces?  This is due
to making them inherit from the new variable-pitch-text face, which
inherits from variable-pitch face but scales the height by 1.1.  I
didn't like that either and after customizing it to removing the
scaling, it looks fine to me.  (This is with DejaVu Sans for variable
pitch and DejaVu Sans Mono for fixed pitch.)

Steve Berman