* gnus-group-change-level-function could be a hook
@ 2019-07-19 18:52 dick.r.chiang
From: dick.r.chiang @ 2019-07-19 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

gnus-topic-mode overrides my setting of gnus-group-change-level-function.
It'd be nice to have it be a hook.

* Re: gnus-group-change-level-function could be a hook
@ 2019-07-19 19:19 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2019-07-19 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

dick.r.chiang@gmail.com writes:

> gnus-topic-mode overrides my setting of gnus-group-change-level-function.
> It'd be nice to have it be a hook.

Much of the topic functionality comes from overriding local variables to
use topic-specific functions. I think it would be a heck of a lot of
work to switch all those to hooks; I'm not even sure it would be
possible. Could you re-set that variable in the `gnus-topic-mode-hook'?
You'd have to make sure your function more or less replicated what the
topic-specific function was doing...