* gnus version
@ 2016-05-27  7:46 Eric S Fraga
       [not found] ` <e46b3917bff14a3dbc1dee9dd44200cb@HE1PR01MB1898.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2016-05-27  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Quick question on version numbers: the gnus version found in gnus.el
with emacs-snapshot for Debian, which is meant to be tracking emacs git,
is 5.13.  What should I be expecting?

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xFFFCF67D
: in Emacs 25.0.94.1 + Gnus v5.13 + evil-git-ff74cfb

* Re: gnus version
@ 2016-05-27 17:15 ` Adam Sjøgren
       [not found] ` <e46b3917bff14a3dbc1dee9dd44200cb@HE1PR01MB1898.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2016-05-27 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Eric writes:

> Quick question on version numbers: the gnus version found in gnus.el
> with emacs-snapshot for Debian, which is meant to be tracking emacs git,
> is 5.13.  What should I be expecting?

I would guess 5.13, as that is what it says in the Emacs git repository:
 · http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/tree/lisp/gnus/gnus.el#n293

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "I do not find reading diffs in email to be a                Adam Sjøgren
  hardship, but I used to walk uphill both ways to       asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: gnus version
       [not found] ` <e46b3917bff14a3dbc1dee9dd44200cb@HE1PR01MB1898.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
@ 2016-05-30 13:02   ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2016-05-30 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Sjøgren; +Cc: ding

On Friday, 27 May 2016 at 17:15, Adam Sjøgren wrote:
> I would guess 5.13, as that is what it says in the Emacs git repository:
>  · http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/tree/lisp/gnus/gnus.el#n293

Okay, thanks.  I will assume that the version of gnus in the
emacs-snapshot Debian package is the latest.  Time to let go of the git
version...

--
Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D)

* Re: Gnus version
@ 2011-10-31 23:51 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-10-31 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: ding

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

> BTW, hadn't we better bump the Gnus version number in Emacs?
> Though I don't recall how to increment it.  In ChangeLog:
>
> 2007-10-28  v5.13

Hm...  if I recall correctly, then No Gnus was really supposed to be
5.12?  (Since Quassia was 5.6 and Pterodactyl was 5.8 and Oort was
5.10.)  So I don't know where 5.13 comes from...

5.13 makes `gnus-continuum-version' not work very well.

* Gnus version
@ 2011-10-31 22:47 Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2011-10-31 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding; +Cc: emacs-devel

BTW, hadn't we better bump the Gnus version number in Emacs?
Though I don't recall how to increment it.  In ChangeLog:

2007-10-28  v5.13
2004-01-04  v5.10.6
2004-01-04  v5.10.5
2004-01-03  v5.10.4
2003-12-30  v5.10.3
2003-05-14  v5.10.2
2003-05-01  v5.10.1
1999-02-19  v5.6.46
1998-11-19  v5.6.45

* Re: Gnus version
@ 2001-09-11 21:36     ` Steve Youngs
From: Steve Youngs @ 2001-09-11 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: drguruolai

  pj> Gurusami Annamalai <drguruolai@eth.net> wrote:
  >>>How can I find the version of Gnus that I am using?

  pj> M-x gnus-version RET
  pj> or:
  pj> C-h v gnus-version RET

  BW> And, to be achingly pedantic, `H v' in the Group buffer.

And to be even more pedantic, 'V' in the Group buffer. :-)

--
|---<Steve Youngs>---------------<GnuPG KeyID: 9E7E2820>---|
|            XEmacs - It's not just an editor.             |

* Re: Gnus version
@ 2001-09-11 18:21   ` Bill White
From: Bill White @ 2001-09-11 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: drguruolai

On Tue Sep 11 2001 at 12:35, prj@po.cwru.edu (Paul Jarc) said:

    pj> Gurusami Annamalai <drguruolai@eth.net> wrote:
    >> How can I find the version of Gnus that I am using?

    pj> M-x gnus-version RET
    pj> or:
    pj> C-h v gnus-version RET

And, to be achingly pedantic, `H v' in the Group buffer.

Cheers -

bw
--
Bill White . billw@wolfram.com . http://members.wri.com/billw
"No ma'am, we're musicians."

* Re: Gnus version
@ 2001-09-11 17:35 ` Paul Jarc
From: Paul Jarc @ 2001-09-11 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Gurusami Annamalai <drguruolai@eth.net> wrote:
> How can I find the version of Gnus that I am using?

M-x gnus-version RET
or:
C-h v gnus-version RET

paul

* Gnus version
@ 2001-09-11  7:05 Gurusami Annamalai
From: Gurusami Annamalai @ 2001-09-11  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello All,

How can I find the version of Gnus that I am using?  Kindly
reply to my email address (or CC me) because I am not on the
list.

Rgds,
anna

--

When you have exhausted all possibilities,
remember this:  You haven't!