* Non-integer score nil in /home/horn/.gnus.d/News/nntp+Gmane:gmane.emacs.auctex.general.SCORE
@ 2014-10-15 20:05 Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2014-10-15 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi all,

yesterday morning I updated my Gnus git and Emacs trunk bzr checkouts as
I do every day.  Since then I sporadically get the error in the subject
when entering that group.  The group is entered anyway.  That score file
has the following contents:

(("references"
  ("<87d29t175x.fsf@thinkpad-t440p.tsdh.org>[ 	]*$" nil 735521 r)))

Looking at (info "(gnus)Score File Syntax"), the nil should be the
score, 735521 is the date, and r is the string match type regex.  The
BNF says that score may be nil, so that should be ok, no?  But the error
complains that the score is nil...

I'm not sure if it happens only with this group but the other SCORE
files look basically the same, i.e., score value is nil.  Currently I
have no clue how to reproduce the issue.

Hm, probably it only happens if there's a new message in the group which
is a reply to a message of mine because the score rule increases the
score of follow-up articles...

Bye,
Tassilo

* Re: Non-integer score nil in /home/horn/.gnus.d/News/nntp+Gmane:gmane.emacs.auctex.general.SCORE
@ 2015-01-26  4:58 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2015-01-26  4:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> writes:

> yesterday morning I updated my Gnus git and Emacs trunk bzr checkouts as
> I do every day.  Since then I sporadically get the error in the subject
> when entering that group.  The group is entered anyway.  That score file
> has the following contents:
>
> (("references"
>   ("<87d29t175x.fsf@thinkpad-t440p.tsdh.org>[ 	]*$" nil 735521 r)))

If I eval the following:

(gnus-score-check-syntax
 '(("references"
     ("<87d29t175x.fsf@thinkpad-t440p.tsdh.org>[ 	]*$" nil 735521 r)))
 "/tmp/foo")

I get no warnings or errors, so that score file is OK.  So there must be
something else going on...  Are you sure you're loading the correct Gnus
version?

* Re: Non-integer score nil in /home/horn/.gnus.d/News/nntp+Gmane:gmane.emacs.auctex.general.SCORE
@ 2015-01-26  6:59   ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2015-01-26  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Ingebrigtsen; +Cc: ding

Hi Lars,

>> yesterday morning I updated my Gnus git and Emacs trunk bzr checkouts
>> as I do every day.  Since then I sporadically get the error in the
>> subject when entering that group.  The group is entered anyway.  That
>> score file has the following contents:
>>
>> (("references"
>>   ("<87d29t175x.fsf@thinkpad-t440p.tsdh.org>[ 	]*$" nil 735521 r)))
>
> If I eval the following:
>
> (gnus-score-check-syntax
>  '(("references"
>      ("<87d29t175x.fsf@thinkpad-t440p.tsdh.org>[ 	]*$" nil 735521 r)))
>  "/tmp/foo")
>
> I get no warnings or errors, so that score file is OK.  So there must
> be something else going on...

That message hasn't popped up for a while, so it might have been caused
by some not completely correct change which has been fixed already.  If
it ever comes back, I'll report again.

> Are you sure you're loading the correct Gnus version?

Yes, at least I haven't changed the relevant code

  (add-to-list 'load-path "~/Repos/el/gnus/lisp")
  (add-to-list 'Info-directory-list "~/Repos/el/gnus/texi")
  (require 'gnus-load)

in my ~/.emacs for years.

Bye,
Tassilo