* Re: Killed my emacs, and now getting a much better gnus experience!
       [not found] <87d2h6zmwa.fsf@talktalk.net>
@ 2014-03-28 11:31 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2014-03-28 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@talktalk.net> writes:

> I've just had a most peculiar problem, in that I added two new pop3 accounts to
> my '.gnus.el', and then tried to get mail from them in gnus. They hung on so
> long I knew that they were failing to connect even after waiting ten minutes,
> but they were stopping me doing anything else neither in gnus nor in emacs. So I
> found the emacs pid number and did a kill -9 on it to force closure.
>
> Now I've restarted it, and commented out those two pop3 accounts before starting
> gnus again, and now emails are being received to 'nnml:mail.misc' again instead of
> its more usual 'nnml:normal' and I'm getting the much nicer email headings of
> just 'From: Subject: To: Date:' which is much nicer and easier to understand
> than getting everything thrown at me.
>
> But how do I make these changes permanent please? They are much nicer and easier
> to read and understand, so I'd like to keep them if at all possible please.
>
> Sharon.

It's not clear what you have done since you restarted emacs.  If you
have done nothing in terms of settings for gnus, the current behaviour
should persist.  If you did do something, what is it you did?

To get the headers you want displayed, check out

,----[ C-h v gnus-visible-headers RET ]

`----

--
Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-03-28 11:31 UTC | newest]