* Still pounding nnimap and odd gmail behavior
@ 2013-05-22 22:46 Harry Putnam
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Harry Putnam @ 2013-05-22 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Sorry to keep pounding on this same subject by being sneaky and
slipping the same question with different subject.

I did not get any help I could use from previous post so here goes
again with an update of sorts, although it still acts the same as
reported earlier.

I've used a specific gmail account and have it incorporated into
gnus.  Been so for a few yrs. (called acc1 onward)

I recently added a new account (called acc2 onward)

So I incorporate acc2 into gnus with this in .gnus:

<Note that names and passwords obfuscated to simplify reading>

-------        ---------       ---=---       ---------      --------
(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '((nnml "")))

(add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods '(nnimap "acc1"
                                  (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")))

(add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
                 	     '(nnimap "acc2"
 		              (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")))

<Note that the accs do have different names and passwds>
-------        ---------       ---=---       ---------      --------

And this in .authinfo

machine imap.gmail.com login acc1@gmail.com password xxxxxxxx port imap
machine imap.gmail.com login acc2@gmail.com password xxxxxxxx port imap
-------        ---------       ---=---       ---------      --------

But, gnus copies all the mail from acc1 and reports it in acc2,
creating a host of folders and so forth that are actually only in
acc1.

Now, this seems like a fairly dangerous thing for gnus to do.

Please someone help me solve it.

Here is what I've done so far:

1) Made double sure that the accs do in fact have different names and
   passwds on gmail.
2) Made double sure that the details in .authinfo are totally
   accurate.
3) Stripped any reference to acc2 out of .newsrc.eld (with gnus closed
   of course)
4) Did a 'git pull' on gnus so am running the latest version.

Finally, restarted gnus.  But once again it pulls all mail and groups
from acc1 and shows it as belonging to acc2.  Yikes... this is bad.

What else can I do to debug this?