From: asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren)
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Features that make you love Gnus?
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 19:39:21 +0200	[thread overview]

On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 08:48:13 -0500, Kyle wrote:

> I've got Gnus setup to handle my work email and it works well, but I
> use it in the most basic way.  What cool features should I start
> checking out that makes you love Gnus?

I like:

 * Topics (organising groups)

 * Scoring (I only use two levels: idiots articles that are
   automatically read, but still shown, morons articles that I never
   see)

 * Namazu (for searching emails)

 * Configurable display of headers

 * Preferring text over html in multipart emails

 * Use posting styles (for instance for using work email-address during
   work hours and private address outside, in select groups)

 * Splitting email out into groups in fancy ways (I forward emails that
   are not detected as spam, or from cron, to the email account my
   phone is connected to, so everything doesn't reach the phone)

 * Delayed sending of emails/articles (I've just started using this
   recently, and I'm (currently, anyway) hooked)

This based on a brief walk through of my configuration.

In general the greatest thing about Gnus I think is "malleability" - it
is usually possible to get Gnus to handle what ever weird corner case
you want something special for in just the way you want. Given enough
elisp-tutorial reading and experimentation :-)

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Hur långt man än har kommit                                 Adam Sjøgren
  Är det alltid längre kvar"                             asjo@koldfront.dk