* Delayed email sent 26 times
@ 2011-08-13  7:20 Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2011-08-13  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

   Hi.

I rarely send delayed emails, but yesterday I delayed an email with C-c
C-j for sending this morning at 08:00.

When I started Gnus, after 08:00, it sent the email allright. But it did
so 26 times!

Each email has a new Message-ID and the Date:s are ~3 seconds apart.

WTF?

I have a function added to my message-send-hook that takes a while¹ (it
tries to fetch the currently playing song from my jukebox, which was
turned off at the time - so mpc had to time out).

Could it be that Gnus doesn't keep track of which delayed emails are
currently being processed, and if it takes a while, the email is sent
again, and again, and again until the first/"quickest" attempt succeeds?

Just wondering.

  Best regards,

    Adam

¹ ;  Include X-Now-Playing:
  (defun asjo-mpd-now-playing ()
    "Returns a string with the song currently playing on the mpd"
    (interactive)
    (save-excursion
      (setenv "MPD_HOST" asjo-mpd-host)
      (let* ((string (shell-command-to-string (concat "mpc" asjo-mpc-format))))
        (string-match "[^/]*$" string)
        (match-string 0 string))))

  (defun asjo-add-now-playing-header ()
    "Add X-Now-Playing header"
    (let ((now-playing (asjo-mpd-now-playing)))
      (when (not (string-match "error" now-playing))
        (message-add-header (concat "X-Now-Playing: " now-playing))
        (message "Updated: %s" now-playing))))

  ;; Insert header:
  (add-hook 'message-setup-hook 'asjo-add-now-playing-header)

--
 "riverrun, past Eve and Adam's, from swerve of shore         Adam Sjøgren
  to bend of bay, brings us by a commodius vicus of      asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Delayed email sent 26 times
@ 2011-08-17  0:11 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2011-08-17  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Adam Sjøgren wrote:
> I rarely send delayed emails, but yesterday I delayed an email with C-c
> C-j for sending this morning at 08:00.

> When I started Gnus, after 08:00, it sent the email allright. But it did
> so 26 times!

Oh, that's my fault.  Sorry.  Fixed in git and bzr repos.

* Re: Delayed email sent 26 times
@ 2011-08-17  8:15   ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2011-08-17  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 09:11:50 +0900, Katsumi wrote:

> Adam Sjøgren wrote:

>> When I started Gnus, after 08:00, it sent the email allright. But it did
>> so 26 times!

> Oh, that's my fault.  Sorry.  Fixed in git and bzr repos.

No worries, the recipient didn't even complain. Thanks!

  Best regards,

    Adam