On Sun, Sep 26 2010, CHENG Gao wrote: > I am wondering if starttls.el and tls.el could be merged. To my > understanding, they are to some extent same thing (anyway starttls is > tls). According to manual starttls is recommended way (if server > supports it), and gnutls is recommended tool. So IMHO starttls.el could > be merged into tls.el, and change starttls-program default to gnutls > instead of homebrewed starttls. Or even remove support of starttls (last > version is in 2005)? That make me wonder: is also contrib/ssl.el any useful to any user? Maybe XEmacs user, but I doubt so? -- Julien Danjou // ᐰ http://julien.danjou.info