Greg Troxel writes: > The inner test message had boundary =-=-= originally. That got remapped > whent he message was forwarded, which I suppose is ok. Yeah, Gnus is a bit eager with regenerating MIME (you can tame it using message-forward-show-mml). > But it got remaped to ===-=-= and that's the same value that was > chosen for the outer message's multipart/signed. [...] > It looks like the key code is in mml.el in gnus, but I haven't > understood it yet. My analysis so far: (a) mml-multipart-number is let-bound on recursive descend of mml-generate-mime. So mml-compute-boundary potentially generates duplicate delimiters unless the collision test prevents it. (b) The collision test code doesn't look at the content of message/rfc822 [#mml] handles. (c) If it would look at them, it wouldn't note a collision generated by (a) since the handle still contains the untranslated [#multipart]-tags instead of MIME. I think (b) needs to be fixed anyway because a collision could occur independently of (a). Now either fixing (a) or (c) should prevent the generation of broken MIME. I guess squishing the bug the (b) + (c) way is more adequate since it's less invasive. Will push in a jiffy. Thanks for your elaborate report, andreas