* hole after expire mail
@ 2008-05-15  3:01 ssSslang
From: ssSslang @ 2008-05-15  3:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi, I use gnus to read some maillist. These days I found that my mail
notify program told me I've got new mail in local mbox file(which I
fetched use fetchmail), but I cannot see anything new when I open gnus.
I found the new messages are marked as read when I check some groups.

Here is something I guess: I set auto-expire option to maillist groups.
Then when i open gnus, it first delete the very old message, make a hole
in somewhere(active or .marks). After that, gnus load the new mails(some
fall into the hole), and I cannot get it showed as unread.

I don't know if it is true, but I think I may do
`gnus-group-compact-group' manually to avoid this. Gnus often make me
`lost' my new mail. Could someone can help me? thanks.
--
ssSslang

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-05-15  3:01 UTC | newest]