* Why did gnus start asking this question
@ 2007-05-27 23:48 reader
From: reader @ 2007-05-27 23:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I'm not sure what I did to provoke this but suddenly I'm being asked
this question:

  Add address "root@comcast.net" to "root@newsguy.com"? (y or n)
  Please answer y or n.

When I open messages from cron run by root.

I've made no changes in sendmail config, and don't really remember
making any to gnus.... I have updated from CVS not too long ago but
not sure this started then.

* Re: Why did gnus start asking this question
@ 2007-05-28  2:35 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2007-05-28  2:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: reader; +Cc: ding

> I'm not sure what I did to provoke this but suddenly I'm being asked
> this question:

>   Add address "root@comcast.net" to "root@newsguy.com"? (y or n)
>   Please answer y or n.

> When I open messages from cron run by root.

> I've made no changes in sendmail config, and don't really remember
> making any to gnus.... I have updated from CVS not too long ago but
> not sure this started then.

This message seems to be issued by BBDB.  So, to disable BBDB
when the `noninteractive' variable is non-nil might help.

(I don't use BBDB, though.)

* Re: Why did gnus start asking this question
@ 2007-05-28  9:20   ` reader
From: reader @ 2007-05-28  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

>> I'm not sure what I did to provoke this but suddenly I'm being asked
>> this question:
>
>>   Add address "root@comcast.net" to "root@newsguy.com"? (y or n)
>>   Please answer y or n.
>
>> When I open messages from cron run by root.
>
>> I've made no changes in sendmail config, and don't really remember
>> making any to gnus.... I have updated from CVS not too long ago but
>> not sure this started then.
>
> This message seems to be issued by BBDB.  So, to disable BBDB
> when the `noninteractive' variable is non-nil might help.
>
> (I don't use BBDB, though.)

Thanks for your replay..
Ahh yes and I did update BBDB to a higher version but forgot I had
done so.

Maybe a bbdb user will take pity on me and explain how to silence that
message.

* Re: Why did gnus start asking this question
@ 2007-05-28 10:23     ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2007-05-28 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Mon, 28 May 2007 05:20:55 -0400, reader@newsguy.com wrote:

> Maybe a bbdb user will take pity on me and explain how to silence that
> message.

How about perusing the fine manual?

The info-node (bbdb)Customization Parameters contains:

 `bbdb-always-add-addresses'
      If this is `t', then whenever the Insidious Big Brother Database
      notices a new email address corresponding to a person who is in the
      database, it will add it to the database.  If this is `nil' (the
      default), then whenever a new network address is noticed for a
      person in the database, you will be asked whether to add the
      address.  If this is the symbol `never' (really if it is not `t'
      and not `nil') then new network addresses will never be
      automatically added.

BBDB seems quite well-documented?

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Money always takes the place of life"                       Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Why did gnus start asking this question
@ 2007-05-28 11:47       ` reader
From: reader @ 2007-05-28 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> BBDB seems quite well-documented?

Thanks for the fix, in answer to your above query... sloth  is the
only excuse... sorry.